A multidimensional data model using the fuzzy model based on the semantic translation
With the rapid development of Web 2.0 sites such as Blogs and Wikis users are encouraged to express opinions about certain products, services or social topics over the web. There is a method for aggregating these opinions, called Opinion Aggregation, which is made up of four steps: Collect, Identify, Classify and Aggregate. In this paper, we present a new conceptual multidimensional data model based on the Fuzzy Model based on the Semantic Translation to solve the Aggregate step of an Opinion Aggregation architecture, which allows exploiting the measure values resulting from integrating heterogeneous information (including unstructured data such as free texts) by means of traditional Business Intelligence tools. We also present an entire Opinion Aggregation architecture that includes the Aggregate step and solves the rest of steps (Collect, Identify and Classify) by means an Extraction, Transformation and Loading process. This architecture has been implemented in an Oracle Relational Database Management System. We have applied it to integrate heterogeneous data extracted from certain high end hotels websites, and we show a case study using the collected data during several years in the websites of high end hotels located in Granada (Spain). With this integrated information, the Data Warehouse user can make several analyses with the benefit of an easy linguistic interpretability and a high precision by means of interactive tools such as the dashboards.
KeywordsMultidimensional data model Fuzzy linguistic modelling Linguistic multidimensional data model Opinion aggregation
- Abiteboul, S. (1997). Querying semi-structured data. In Proceedings of the international conference on database theory (pp. 1–18). Delphi: ICDT.Google Scholar
- Atrapalo (2011). Travel agency and promotion of recreational activities on the Internet. http://www.atrapalo.com.
- Bonissone, P. P. (1982). A fuzzy sets based linguistic approach: Theory and applications. In M. M. Gupta & E. Sanchez (Eds.), Approximate reasoning in decision analysis (pp. 329–339). Amsterdam: North-Holland.Google Scholar
- Bonissone, P. P., & Decker, K. S. (1986). Selecting uncertainty calculi and granularity: An experiment in trading-off precision and complexity. In L. H. Kanal & J. F. Lemmer (Eds.), Uncertainty in artificial intelligence (pp. 217–247). Amsterdam: North-Holland.Google Scholar
- Booking (2011). Europe’s leading online hotel reservations agency by room nights sold. http://www.booking.com.
- Carenini, G., Ng, R. T., Zwart, E. (2005). Extracting knowledge from evaluative text. In: Proceedings of the 3rd international conference on Knowledge (pp 11–18). New York, USA.Google Scholar
- Cohen, S. (2006). User-defined aggregate functions: bridging theory and practice. In Proceedings of SIGMOD Conference (pp 49–60). New York, USA.Google Scholar
- Condé Nast Johansens (2011). Luxury hotels, spas & venues from Condé Nast Johansens. http://www.johansens.com.
- Condé Nast Traveller (2011). The luxury travel website of Condé Nast Traveller Magazine. http://www.cntraveller.com.
- Dixon, P. (2001). Basics of oracle text retrieval. IEEE Data Engineering Bulletin, 24(4), 11–14.Google Scholar
- Du, N., Ye, X., & Wang, J. (2012). A schema aware ETL workflow generator. Information Systems Frontiers. doi: 10.1007/s10796-012-9352-2.
- eDreams (2011). Offers the widest selection and the best prices on the market for flights, hotels and vacation packages. http://www.edreams.net.
- Expedia (2011). Broadest selections of travel products. http://www.expedia.com.
- Galindo, J., Carrasco, R. A., Almagro, A. M. (2008). Fuzzy Quantifiers with and without arguments for databases: definition, implementation and application to fuzzy dependencies. In Proceedings 12th Int. Conf. Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty for Knowledge-Based Systems (pp 227–234). Málaga, Spain.Google Scholar
- Hu, M., Liu, B. (2004). Mining opinion features in customer reviews. In: Proceedings of Nineteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (pp 755–760). San José, California, USA.Google Scholar
- Inmon, W. H. (2005). Building the data warehouse (4th ed.). New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- Kosala, R., Blockell, H. (2000). Web mining research: a survey. SIGKDD explorations: newsletter of the Special Interest Group (SIG) on knowledge discovery and data mining 2(1):1–15.Google Scholar
- Ku, L. W., Liang, Y. T., Chen, H. H. (2006). Opinion extraction, summarization and tracking in news and blog corpora. In Proceedings of AAAI-2006 Spring Symposium on Computational Approaches to Analyzing Weblogs (pp 100–107). Menlo Park, California, USA.Google Scholar
- Likert, R. (1931). A technique for the measurement of attitudes. Archives of Psychology. New York: Columbia University Press.Google Scholar
- Long, C., Zhang, J., Huang, M., Zhu, X., Li, M., Ma, B. (2009). Specialized review selection for feature rating estimation. In Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (pp 214–221). Milan, Italy.Google Scholar
- Morinaga, S., Yamanishi, K., Tateishi, K., Fukushima, T. (2002). Mining product reputations on the web. In Proceedings of the Eighth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining (pp 341–349). New York, USA.Google Scholar
- Nguyen, T. B., Min Tjoa, A., & Wagner, R. R. (2000). An object oriented multidimensional data model for OLAP. In Proceedings of the First International Conference on Web-Age Information Management, WAIM-00 (pp. 1–14). Shanghai: LNCS, Springer Verlag.Google Scholar
- Rittman, M. (2009). Oracle business intelligence suite developer’s guide. Osborne McGraw-HillGoogle Scholar
- Roussopoulos, N., Kotidis, Y., Roussopoulos, M. (1997). Cubetree: Organization of and bulk incremental updates on the data cube (pp 89–99). In ACM SIGMOD.Google Scholar
- GEO Saison (2011). A multithematical magazine dedicated to tourism. http://www.geo.de.
- Shea, C. (2008). Oracle text reference, 11 g Release 1 (11.1) Part Number B28304-03.Google Scholar
- TheSleepEvent (2011). The sleep event conference. http://www.thesleepevent.com.
- TripAdvisor (2011). Branded sites alone make up the most popular and largest travel community in the world. http://www.tripadvisor.es.
- Trivago (2011). A premiere international online service for travelers seeking advice regarding their travel destinations. http://www.trivago.com.
- Tsytsarau, M., & Palpanas, T. (2010). Mining subjective data on the web. In Technical Report DISI-10-045, Ingegneria e Scienza dell’Informazione. Italy: University of Trento.Google Scholar
- Wang, H., Zaniolo, C. (2000). User defined aggregates in object-relational. In Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Data Engineering Systems (pp 135–144).Google Scholar
- Wei, C., Khoury, R., & Fong, S. (2012). Web 2.0 Recommendation service by multi-collaborative filtering trust network algorithm. Information Systems Frontiers. doi: 10.1007/s10796-012-9377-6.
- Zadeh LA (1975) The concept of a linguistic variable and its applications to approximate reasoning. Pt I, Inf Sci 8:199–249. Pt II, Inf Sci 8:301–357. Pt III, Inf Sci 9:43–80.Google Scholar