Propagation of Quasi-Lamb Waves in an Elastic Layer Interacting with a Viscous Liquid Half-Space
- 8 Downloads
The propagating of quasi-Lamb waves in an elastic layer that interacts with a half-space of a viscous compressible fluid is studied. The three-dimensional linearized Navier–Stokes equations for the viscous fluid and the linear equations of the classical theory of elasticity for the elastic layer are used to plot the dispersion curves and to study the propagation of quasi-Lamb waves over a wide frequency range. The effect of the viscous compressible fluid and the thickness of the elastic layer on the phase velocities and attenuation coefficients of quasi-Lamb modes is analyzed. The approach developed and the results obtained allow establishing the limits of applicability of the ideal fluid model. The numerical results are presented in the form of graphs and analyzed.
Keywordselastic layer half-space of viscous compressible fluid quasi-Lamb modes phase velocity attenuation coefficient
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. A. Viktorov, Surface Acoustic Waves in Solids [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.M. M. Vol’kenshtein and V. M. Levin, “Structure of a Stoneley wave at the interface between a viscous fluid and a solid,” Akust. Zh., 34, No. 4, 608–615 (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Guz, General Issues, Vol. 1 of the two-volume series Elastic Waves in Prestressed Bodies [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kyiv (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.A. N. Guz, Propagation Laws, Vol. 2 of the two-volume series Elastic Waves in Prestressed Bodies [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kyiv (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.A. N. Guz, Dynamics of Compressible Viscous Fluid [in Russian], A.S.K., Kyiv (1998).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Guz, Elastic Waves in Bodies with Initial (Residual) Stresses [in Russian], A.S.K., Kyiv (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Guz, Elastic Waves in Bodies with Initial (Residual) Stresses, Part 1: General Principles. Waves in Unbounded Bodies and Surface Waves [in Russian], LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken (2016).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Guz, Elastic Waves in Bodies with Initial (Residual) Stresses, Part 2: Waves in Partially Bounded Bodies [in Russian], LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken (2016).Google Scholar
- 9.A. N. Guz, An Introduction to the Dynamics of Compressible Viscous Fluid [in Russian], LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing RU, Saarbrucken (2017).Google Scholar
- 10.A. N. Guz, A. P. Zhuk, and F. G. Makhort, Waves in a Prestressed Layer [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kyiv (1976).Google Scholar
- 20.A. N. Guz, “On the foundations of the ultrasonic non-destructive determination of stresses in near-the-surface layers of materials. Review,” J. Phys. Sci. Appl., 1, No. 1, 1–15 (2011).Google Scholar