Charged Particles pT Spectra and the Correlation between pT and all Charged Particles at √S = 900 GeV
The transverse momentum (pT) spectra, covering a region of 0.15–10 GeV/c, of charged particles as well as the correlation between the average transverse momentum <pT > and all charged particles (Nch) in pp collision at 900 GeV/c are investigated. Simulations by hadron production models are compared with the measurements of ALICE Collaboration. Qualitatively, all models’ predictions are in good agreement with experimental data for the pT distributions of invariant yield of all charged hadrons. For the <pT > as a function Nch presented in two pT regions, 0.15 < pT < 4 and 0.5 < pT < 4, the EPOS models, and HIJING produced good predictions of the experimental measurements as compared to QGSJETII-04 and Sibyll2.3c. Although the models’ prediction is compatible with the experimental data, none of them is enough comprehensive to provide complete description of all measurements.
KeywordsCharged hadrons LHC energies Models predictions
PACS13.85.Ni 14.20.-c 14.40.-n
This work is supported by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan by the Grant No. 20-3379/NRPU/R&D/HEC/2014.
- 8.K. Aamodt et al. (ALICE Collaboration) Phys. Lett. B 693, 53–68 (2010)Google Scholar
- 16.Pierog, T. et al.: arXiv:1306.0121v2 [hep-ph], (2013)Google Scholar
- 17.Kalmykov, N.N., et al.: Bull. Russ. Acad. Sci. Phys. 58, 1966 (1994)Google Scholar
- 19.Engel, R., Gaisser, T. K., Riehn, F., Stanev, T.: Proc. 34th Int. Cosmic Ray Conf., The Hague (Netherlands), 1 (2015) 1313Google Scholar
- 22.Skands, P.: Contribution to the 1st International Workshop on Multiple Partonic Interactions at the LHC, Perugia, Italy: Fermilab-Conf-09-113-T. In: arXiv:0905.3418 [Hep-Ph] (Oct. 2008)Google Scholar
- 23.ATLAS Collaboration, A: Moraes. In: ATLAS Note ATL-COM-PHYS-2009-119 (2009)Google Scholar