Entropy Influenced RNA Diffused Quantum Chaos to Conserve Medical Data Privacy
Recently, the protection and transferring of medical images among peers in the established communication link has become a significant security threat. In this paper, to curtail the threats posed on the open communal channel, RNA diffused Quantum Chaos (RQC) encryption algorithm for colour Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicines (DICOM) image is proposed for the first time. It employs entropy estimation and updates it in the key stream generation and thereby avoids the limitation in traditional encryption schemes of scrambling the position of the pixels before diffusion. The proposed encryption scheme uses Novel Enhanced Quantum Representation (NEQR) and qubit arrangement to store the grayscale value of every pixel in the DICOM image. Using the key generated from the chaotic map, the image is diffusedusing the quantum Controlled-NOT(CNOT)gate. Further, to enrich the diffusion process, Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) transcript Ribo Nucleic Acid (RNA) is used to diffuse the quantum bits in the image matrix with its self-complementary sequence generation. The diffused image is permuted by incorporating the circular shift operation. The efficiency of the proposed algorithm has been validated by using encryption quality metrics.
KeywordsQuantum encryption RNA NEQR RQC DICOM
The authors wish to acknowledge SASTRA Deemed to be University, Thanjavur, India for extending infrastructural support to carry out this work.
- 5.Sun B, Le PQ, Iliyasu AM, Yan F, Garcia JA, Dong F, Hirota K (2011) A Multi-Channel Representation for Images on Quantum Computers Using the RGB D Color Space. 1Google Scholar
- 7.Latorre JI (2005) Image compression and entanglement. 4Google Scholar
- 9.Zhou R-G, Wu Q, Zhang M-Q, Shen C-Y (2012) A quantum image encryption algorithm based on quantum image geometric transformations. Pattern Recognit. Chinese Conf. CCPR 2012, 321, 480–487. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-33506-8
- 12.Beheri MH, Amin M, Song X, El-Latif AAA (2016) Quantum Image Encryption Based on Scrambling- Diffusion ( SD ) Approach. Front. Signal Process 43–47Google Scholar
- 16.Wu Y, Member S, Noonan JP, Member L (2011) NPCR and UACI randomness tests for image encryption. Cyber Journals Multidiscip. Journals Sci. Technol. J. Sel. Areas Telecommun. 31–38Google Scholar
- 19.Zhou, N., Yan, X., Liang, H., Tao, X., Li, G.: Multi-image encryption scheme based on quantum 3D Arnold transform and scaled Zhongtang chaotic system. Quantum Inf. Process. 17(338), (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11128-018-2104-6
- 20.Wang J, Geng Y-C, Han L, Liu J-Q (2018) Quantum image encryption algorithm based on quantum key image. Int. J. Theor. Phys. 1–15. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10773-018-3932-y