Nonlinear Electrodynamics and NED-Inspired Chiral Solitons
- 53 Downloads
A nonlinear electrodynamics Lagrangian is considered and the electric field associated to an electric point-like charge is derived. The corresponding expression for the total field energy which has finite value in our model, is obtained. The chiral form of the Lagrangian is also presented. Topological, finite-energy, spherically symmetric solutions of the chiral model are studied and some of their properties are discussed.
Keywordsnonlinear electrodynamics chirality chiral solitons
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bogomolny, E. B., and Fateev, V. A. (1983). Yadernaya Fizika 37, 228.Google Scholar
- Born, M., and Infeld, L. (1934). Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A 143, 410.Google Scholar
- Nikolaev, V. A. (1989). Fizika Elementarnykh Chastits Atomnogo Yadra 20, 401.Google Scholar
- Pavlovsky, O. V. (2003). Understanding Dense Matter, Prague, Czech Republic, August 27–September 1, 2003, [hep-ph/0312349].Google Scholar
- Polyakov, A. M., and Belavin, A. A. (1975b). Pisma v Zhurnal Eksperimental’noi i Teoreticheskoi Fiziki 22, 503.Google Scholar
- Skyrme, T. H. (1955). Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A 230, 277.Google Scholar
- Skyrme, T. H. (1961). Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A 260, 127.Google Scholar
- Zahed, I., and Brown, G. E. (1986). Physical Reports 142, 1.Google Scholar