Generalized Lane–Emden Equation and the Structure of Galactic Dark Matter
- 69 Downloads
Starting from the collisionless Boltzmann equation and the Plummer's distribution function, the Lane–Emden (LE) equation is derived and applied to the problem of galactic dark halos. Some generalizations of the LE equation are considered and their implications for the structure of dark halos are investigated. The relevance of a relativistic scalar field to the problem under investigation is also discussed.
KeywordsLane–Emden equation galactic rotation curves dark halos
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Binney, J. and Tremaine, S. (1987). Galactic Dynamics, Princeton Series in Astrophysics.Google Scholar
- Breitenlohner, P., Forgacs, P., and Maison, D. (1994). gr-qc/9412039v2.Google Scholar
- Guidry, M. (1991). Gauge Field Theories, Wiley, New York.Google Scholar
- Persic, M., Salucci, P., and Stel, F. (1999) stro-ph/9506004 v3.Google Scholar
- Schunck, F. E. (1998), astro-ph/9802258v1.Google Scholar
- Smith, R. (1995). Observational Astrophysics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge.Google Scholar