Efficient SVD speech watermarking with encrypted images
- 68 Downloads
This paper presents a new approach for speech signal watermarking using encrypted watermarks. The objective of this approach is to increase the degree of security of speech watermarking. In the proposed framework, watermark embedding is implemented with singular value decomposition due to its robustness to attacks. Moreover, two encryption schemes are tested for watermark image encryption; chaotic encryption due to its permutation nature and data encryption standard (DES) due to its diffusion nature. Overall and block-by-block watermarking scenarios are tested and compared for speech signal watermarking. Different modes of operation of the DES are investigated for watermark image encryption. These modes are the electronic code book, cipher block chaining, cipher feedback, and output feedback (OFB) modes. Simulation results reveal that the DES with OFB mode and the chaotic Baker map encryption make the system less sensitive to attacks with good quality of extracted watermarks.
KeywordsSpeech watermarking Speech encryption Modes of operation
- Arnold, M. (2000). Audio watermarking: Features, applications and algorithms. In Proceeding of the IEEE international conference on multimedia and expo.Google Scholar
- Cheng, Q., Sorenson, J. (2001). Spread spectrum signaling for speech watermarking. In Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on acoustics, speech, and signal processing (ICASSP) (Vol. 3, pp. 1337–1340).Google Scholar
- Chouinard, J.-Y. (2002). Design of secure computer system CSI4138/CEG4394. Notes on the data encryption standard (DES), uottawa.ca.Google Scholar
- Driedger, J. (2011). Time-scale modication algorithms for music audio signals. Master’s thesis, Saarland University.Google Scholar
- Fridrich, J. (1997). Image encryption based on chaotic maps. In Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on systems, man, and cybernetics (Vol. 2, pp. 1105–1110).Google Scholar
- Girin, L., Marchand, S. (2004). Watermarking of speech signals using the sinusoidal model and frequency modulation of the partials. In Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on acoustics, speech, and signal processing (ICASSP) (Vol. 1, pp. 633–636).Google Scholar
- Nematollahi, M. A., & Al-Haddad, S. A. R. (2013). An overview of digital speech watermarking. International Journal of Speech Technology, 78, 1–18.Google Scholar
- Rangding, W., Dawen, X., Jiner, C., & Chengtou, D. (2004). Digital audio watermarking algorithm based on linear predictive coding in wavelet domain. In Proceedings of the 7th IEEE international conference on signal processing (ICSP’04) (Vol. 1, pp. 2393–2396). https://doi.org/10.1109/ICOSP.2004.1442262.
- Shterev, I. D. (2007). Quantization-based watermarking: Methods for amplitude scale estimation security and linear filtering invariance. Delf: Delft University of Technology.Google Scholar
- Zeng, G., Qiu, Z. (2008). Audio watermarking in DCT: Embedding strategy and algorithm. In Proceedings of the 11th IEEE international conference on signal processing (ICSP’08) (Vol. 1, pp. 2193–2196). https://doi.org/10.1109/ICOSP.2008.4697583.