Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Contained in Centrifuged Citrus Oil and Their Thermal Diffusivity Study by Using Thermal Lens Technique
Thermal lens spectrometry is a very sensitive non-evasive technique that offers a reliable alternative for measurement of materials thermal diffusivity. In this work, silver nanoparticles from leaf extract of Azadirachta Indica (neem) and silver nitrate were synthesized using reverse micelle microemulsion. The thermal lens technique was used to obtain the thermal diffusivity of silver nanoparticles emulsions contained in grapefruit centrifuged oil. Thermal diffusivity of silver nanoparticles was measured as a function of concentration. The results showed an increase in the thermal diffusivity of the nanoemulsion with the increase in nanoparticle concentration. Also, the nanoemulsion exhibited improved thermal diffusivity in comparison with the base fluid. Transmission electron microscopy was used to determine the morphology of the nanoparticles. Results showed that they were spherical in shape with an average size of 35 nm. UV–Vis spectrometry was used to observe the absorption spectra of nanoparticles plasmon. This study has future applications in dermatological therapies against allergies, in tissue regeneration and in the cosmetic area, due to silver nanoparticles antibacterial properties.
KeywordsColloids Nanoparticles Thermal diffusivity Thermal lens
Authors would like to thank CONACYT, COFAA, Red Temática de Biofotónica, and CGPI-IPN, Mexico, for their partial financial support.
- 1.Sallamander Concepts. Grapefruit essential oil information. Esoteric oils http://essentialoils.co.za/essential-oils/grapefruit.htm. Accessed 13 March 2018
- 8.L. Rodríguez, J. Ramírez, O. Marcano, Rev. Mex. Fis. 51, 1 (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.S. Rojas, V. Guerrero, Propiedad Bactericida de Telas de Algodón Impregnadas con Nanopartículas de Plata, X Congreso de Ciencia y Tecnología ESPE Conference (Ecuador, 2015)Google Scholar
- 15.W. Zhang, X. Qiao, J. Chen, H. Wang, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 302, 4370 (2016)Google Scholar
- 16.J.L. Jiménez-Pérez, G. López-Gamboa, Z.N. Correa-Pacheco, J.F. Sánchez-Ramírez, M. Sánchez-Rivera, M. Salazar-Villanueva, Int. J. Eng. Tech. Res. 3, 161 (2015)Google Scholar