Real-Time Detection of Terahertz Pulse Amplitude and Position
- 250 Downloads
A novel and continuous detection scheme for the pulse amplitude and temporal position of a terahertz time domain system is presented. Currently, we have achieved a sampling time of 25 Hz and a resolution of less than 70 fs. The method is therefore very well suited for online measurements in production processes to monitor the thickness and inhomogeneities in the composition of non-conducting materials.
KeywordsTerahertz time domain Non-destructive testing Real-time measurement
This work was supported by the Austrian research funding association (FFG) within the research project “Intelligent Terahertz Interface Scanning,” project number 838830, by the European Regional Development Fund (EFRE) in the framework of the EU-program Regio 13 and by the federal state of Upper Austria. S.K. would like to thank K.Wiesauer, T.Mitter and H. Grün for helpful discussions and support of this work.
- 3.C. Jansen, S. Wietzke, O. Peters, M. Scheller, N. Vieweg, M. Salhi, N. Krumbholz, C. Jördens, T. Hochrein, and M. Koch, Appl. Optics 49(19), E48 (2010). doi: 10.1364/AO.49.000E48.
- 4.R.K. May, M.J. Evans, S. Zhong, I. Warr, L.F. Gladden, Y. Shen, and J.A. Zeitler, J. Pharm. Sci. 100(4), 1535 (2011). doi: 10.1002/jps.22359.
- 6.M. Pfleger, H. Roitner, H. Pühringer, K. Wiesauer, H. Grün, and S. Katletz, Appl. Optics 53, 3183 (2014). doi: 10.1364/AO.53.003183.
- 7.S. Wietzke, C. Jansen, M. Reuter, T. Jung, D. Kraft, S. Chatterjee, B. Fischer, and M. Koch, J. Mol. Struct. 1006(1–3), 41 (2011). doi: 10.1016/j.molstruc. 2011.07.036. http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S002228601100593X.
- 8.H. Pühringer, M. Pfleger, and S. Katletz, in 40th International Conference on Infrared, Millimeter and Terahertz Waves (IRMMW-THz), 2015, Hong Kong 2015.Google Scholar