Automated Generation of Equations for Linkage Loci in a Game Physics System
Computer Math Snapshots - Column Editor: Uri Wilensky*
- 153 Downloads
KeywordsComputer Algebra System Dynamic Geometry Contextualization Task Dynamic Geometry Software Straight Line Motion
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
The authors thank the reviewers for their helpful indications. This work has been partially funded by the Spanish Project MTM2011-25816-C02-00.
- CoCoATeam. (1987). CoCoA: A system for doing computations in commutative algebra. http://cocoa.dima.unige.it. Accessed Jan 2014.
- Gao, X. S., Zhang, J. Z., & Chou, S. C. (1998). Geometry expert. Taiwan: Nine Chapters.Google Scholar
- Jackiw, N. (2002). The geometer’s sketchpad v 4.0. Berkeley: Key Curriculum Press.Google Scholar
- Richter-Gebert, J., & Kortenkamp, U. (1999). The interactive geometry software Cinderella. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- Vincent, J., Chick, H., & McCrae, B. (2002). Mechanical linkages as bridges to deductive reasoning: A comparison of two environments. In Cockburn, A., & Nardi, E. (Eds.) Proceedings of the 26th conference of the international group for the psychology of mathematics education (Vol. 4, pp. 313–320). Norwich, UK: PME.Google Scholar
- Wolfram, S. (1991). Mathematica: A system for doing mathematics by computer (2nd ed.). Redwood City, CA: Addison Wesley Longman.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media Dordrecht 2014