Wussinomics: the state of competitive efficiency in private health insurance
- 401 Downloads
KeywordsHealth insurance Equity
JEL ClassificationsI13 I14
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Breyer, F., Bundorf, M. K., & Pauly, M. V. (2012). Health care spending risk, health insurance, and payment to health plans. In M. V. Pauly, T. G. McGuire, & P. P. Barros, Handbook of health economics(Vol. 2, pp. 691–762). Amsterdam: North-Holland/Elsevier.Google Scholar
- Kunreuther H., Pauly M. V., McMorrow S. (2012) Insurance and behavioral economics: Explaining anomalies. Cambridge University Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Martin, A. B., Lassman, D., Washington, B., Catlin, A., & the National Health Expenditure Accounts Team (2012). Growth in US health spending remained slow in 2010. Health share of gross domestic product was unchanged from 2009. Health Affairs, 31(1), 208–219.Google Scholar
- Naylor, M. D., Bowles, K. H., McCauley, K. M., Maccoy, M. C., Maislin, G., Pauly, M. V., & Krakauer, R. (2011). High-value transitional care: Translation of research into practice. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2753.2011.01659.x.
- Pauly, M. V. (2003). Should we be worried about high real medical spending growth in the United States? Health Affairs. Retrieved 2 August 2012 from http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/early/2003/01/08/hlthaff.w3.15.citation.
- Pauly M. V. (2009) Limiting the tax exclusion for employment-based health insurance: Are improved equity and efficiency enough?. National Tax Journal 62(3): 555–562Google Scholar
- Pauly M. V., Herring B. (1999) Pooling health insurance risks. AEI Press, Washington, DCGoogle Scholar
- Pauly M. V., Zeng Y. (2004) Adverse selection and the challenges to stand-alone prescription drug insurance. In: Cutler D. M., Garber A. M. (Eds.), Frontiers in health policy research. National Bureau of Economic Research and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, pp 55–74Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012