Separation of hyperfine interactions in Mössbauer spectrocsopy
- 35 Downloads
Problem of determination of isomer shift, all components of the electric field gradient and hyperfine magnetic field in case of mixed hyperfine interactions is presented. Orientation of hyperfine fields in the absorber Cartesian frame can be determined by few measurements with use of unpolarized radiation under different directions of wave vector with respect to the absorber. The method can be applied for absorbers with well separated absorption lines in their spectra. Explicit formulas for tensor components of hyperfine interactions derived from velocity moments formalism are presented.
KeywordsHyperfine magnetic field Electric field gradient The intensity tensor Hyperfine interactions Mössbauer spectroscopy
This work was partly supported by the National Science Centre, Poland under grant OPUS no 2018/31/B/ST3/00279.
- 1.Fiz, S.W.K.: Tverd. Tela (Leningrad). Sov. Phys. Solid State. 8, 493 (1966) 8 (1966) 391Google Scholar
- 2.Barb, D., Tarina, D., Ito, A., Morimoto, S.: KFeF3 single crystal studied by polarized Mössbauer ray. J. Phys. C. 14, 497 (1981)Google Scholar
- 3.Szymanski, K.: J. Phys.: Cond. Matter. 12, 7495 (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Blaes, N., Fischer, H., Gonser, U.: Analytical expression for the Mössbauer line shape of 57Fe in the presence of mixed hyperfine interactions. Nucl. Instr. Meth. B. 9, 201 (1985)Google Scholar
- 5.van Dongen Torman, J., Jagannathan, R., Trooster, J.M.: Analysis of 57Fe Mössbauer hyperfine spectra. Hyperfine Interact. 1, 135 (1975)Google Scholar
- 6.Szymanski, K.R.: Determination of the electric field gradient and the magnetic field in Mössbauer spectroscopy. Eur. Phys. J. B. 91, 292 (2018)Google Scholar
- 7.Zimmermann, R.: A method for eveluation of single crystal 57Fe Mössbauer spectra (FeCl2*4H2O). Nucl. Instr. and Meth. 128, 537 (1975)Google Scholar
- 8.Zimmermann, R.: Description of the angular dependence of dipole transitions by intensity tensors. Chem. Phys. Lett. 34, 416 (1975)Google Scholar
- 9.Zimmermann, R.: In: thosar, b.v., iyengar, p.k. (eds.) advances in mössbauer spectroscopy applications to physics, chemistry and biology. Elsevier, Amsterdam (1983)Google Scholar
- 10.Szymanski, K.: Polarized radiation in Mössbauer spectroscopy. Phys. Rep. 423, 295 (2006)Google Scholar
Open Access This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.