Mössbauer spectroscopy BaSrNixCo2−xFe12O22 hexaferrite prepared by sol-gel method
- 89 Downloads
A system of Y-type Ba-hexaferrite (BaSrNixCo2−xFe12O22 with x = 0.0 − 2.0) has been prepared from precursor powders synthesized by sol-gel auto-combustion method. The prepared system was investigated by XRD and Mössbauer spectroscopy (MS). The XRD patterns show the formation of the Y-type phase at a sintering temperature of 1100 ∘C. The Mössbauer spectra show pure magnetic splitting. The variations of the relative intensities of the magnetic components of the spectrum were consistent with the substitution of Nickel ions at octahedral sites. The hyperfine fields do not change appreciably with Ni substitution, due to the fact that replacement of magnetic Co2+ ions by Ni2+ ions or Fe3+ ions does not change the magnetizations of the sublattices appreciably, and consequently, does not affect the strength of the antiferromagnetic coupling between these sublattices appreciably.
KeywordsMössbauer spectroscopy X-ray diffraction Hyperfine interactions Y-type hexaferrites Sol-gel method
This work has been supported by a grant from Science Research support Fund (SRF) in Jordan and the Deanship of Scientific Research and Graduate Studies at Yarmouk University.
- 2.Mahmood, S.H.: Permanent magnet applications. In: Mahmood, S.H., Abu-Aljarayesh, I. (eds.) Hexaferrite Permanent Magnetic Materials, pp 153–165. Materials Research Forum LLC, Millersville (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Mahmood, S.H.: Properties and synthesis of hexaferrites. In: Mahmood, S.H., Abu-Aljarayesh, I. (eds.) Hexaferrite Permanent Magnetic Materials, pp 74–110. Materials Research Forum LLC, Millersville (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Mahmood, S.H., Aloqaily, A.N., Maswadeh, Y., Awadallah, A., Bsoul, I., Awawdeh, M., Juwhari, H.: Effects of heat treatment on the phase evolution, structural, and magnetic properties of Mo-Zn doped M-type hexaferrites. Solid State Phenom. Trans. Tech. Publ. 232, 65–92 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Chikazumi, S.: Physics of Ferromagnetism 2e, 2nd edn. Oxford University Press, Oxford (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Kračunovska, S., Töpfer, J.: Synthesis, sintering behavior and magnetic properties of Cu-substituted Co2Z hexagonal ferrites. J. Mater. Sci.: Mater. Electron. 22, 467–473 (2011)Google Scholar