Mössbauer investigations of synthetic valleriite
- 45 Downloads
Samples obtained as a result of the valleriite synthesis process under different conditions (temperature and proportion Cu:Fe:Mg in the initial mixture) were investigated by 57Fe Mössbauer spectroscopy with attraction data of X-ray diffraction. Parameters of hyperfine interactions for valleriite were determined and crystal chemical identification of 57Fe subspectra was carried out. It was found that valleriite was formed in samples synthesized at 150°C and 180°C and not formed in samples synthesized at 250°C.
Keywords57Fe Mössbauer spectroscopy Valleriite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Organova, N.I.: Crystal Chemistry of Incommensurable and Modulated Mixed-layer Minerals. Nauka, Moscow (1989)Google Scholar
- 2.Rusakov, V.S.: Mössbauer Spectroscopy of Locally Inhomogeneous Systems Institute of Nuclear Physics. National Nuclear Center of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Almaty (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Iiishi, K., Tomisaka, T., Kato, T., Takeno, S.: Am. Mineral. 55, 2107 (1970)Google Scholar
- 4.Reiff, W.M.: Mixed oxidation states and averaged electronic environments in iron compounds. In: Gruverman, I.J., Seidel, C.W. (eds.) Mössbauer Effect Methodology, vol. 8. L. Plenum Press, NY (1973)Google Scholar
- 7.Shan, Q., Zhengmin C., Yanjing, C.: Chin. Sci. Bull. 41, 1982 (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Waanders, F.B., Pollak, H., Lachmann, G.: S. Afr. J. Sci. 95(9), 387 (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Vaughan, D., Craig, J.: Mineral Chemistry of Metal Sulfides. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, London-New York-Melbourne (1978)Google Scholar