Calculating the Crack Resistance of Fiber-Reinforced Concrete Lining of Free-Flow Water Tunnels Using Linear Fracture Mechanics
The results of studying the crack resistance of fiber-reinforced concrete lining of circular free-flow water tunnels are presented. A method for calculating the crack resistance of such a lining using the finite-element method, factor analysis, and linear fracture mechanics is developed.
Keywordsfiber-reinforced concrete linear fracture mechanics water tunnel crack resistance finite-element method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yu. P. Adler, E. V. Markov, and Yu. V. Granovskii, Experimental Design in Search for Optimal Conditions [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.M. G. Zertsalov and E. A. Khoteev, “Experimental determination of crack resistance characteristics of fiber reinforced concrete,” Vestn. MGSU, No. 5, 91 – 99 (2014).Google Scholar
- 3.E. M. Morozov and V. Z. Parton, “Some problems in fracture mechanics for a plane with cuts,” in: Strength and Deformation of Materials in Nonuniform Physical Fields [in Russian], Atomizdat, Moscow (1968), pp. 216 – 253.Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Orekhov and M. G. Zertsalov, Fracture Mechanics of Engineering Structures and Rock Masses [in Russian], ASV, Moscow (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.V. E. Rusanov, “Features of design of modular steel-and-fiber reinforced concrete lining for subway tunnels,” in: V. E. Merkin (ed.), Problems of Reliability and Effectiveness of Tunnel Structures. Issue 254 [in Russian], OAO TsNIIS, Moscow (2009), pp. 44 – 82.Google Scholar
- 6.V. E. Rusanov, “Designing of fiber-reinforced concrete tunnel structures (modern approaches),” in: Proc. Int. Sci. Techn. Conf. on Major Areas of Development of Innovative Technologies for Construction of Tunnels and Development of Underground Space of Big Cities [in Russian], TIMR, Moscow (2010), pp. 89 – 92.Google Scholar
- 7.V. E. Rusanov, “Modern experience in and regulations on design of fiber-reinforced concrete lining for tunnels,” Podzemn. Gorizonty, No. 18, 28 – 32 (2018).Google Scholar
- 8.E. A. Khoteev, A Method for the Calculation of the Crack Resistance of Circular Fiber-Reinforced Concrete Lining for Tunnels Taking into Account the Interaction with the Enclosing Soil. Ph.D. Thesis [in Russian], Moscow (2016).Google Scholar
- 10.SP 52-104–2006. Steel-and-Fiber Reinforced Concrete Structures [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.ACI 544.4R-88. Design Consideration for Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete.Google Scholar
- 12.C. E. Inglis, “Stresses in a plate due to the presence of cracks and sharp corners,” Trans. Inst. Naval Architects, 55, 219 – 241 (1913).Google Scholar
- 13.G. R. Irwin, “Analysis of stresses and strains near the end of a crack traversing a plate,” Trans. ASME. J. Appl. Mech., 24, 361 – 364 (1957).Google Scholar