Experience in the Development and Implementation of Modernized Designs of Sliding Bearings of Turbine Generator Units
Bearing assemblies in many respects determine the operating reliability of turbine generator units. Experience in operating a number of hydropower plants indicates that these assemblies remain a problem and require redesigning. This article describes the authors’ technical developments in modernizing bearings and experience in their implementation, showing the reliability and effectiveness of the proposed solutions.
Keywordsturbine guide bearing generator bearing gap adjustment modernization turbine generator unit radial load reliability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Novkunskii and A. A. Novkunskii, “Increased operating reliability of turbine generator units by redesigning their bearing assemblies,” in: Ninth Sci. and Tech. Conf. “Hydropower Engineering. New Developments and Technologies” Abstrs. Part 2 [in Russian], St. Petersburg (2015), p. 52.Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. P. Maizel’, “Experience in designing and operating rubber bearings of hydraulic turbines,” Gidrotekh. Sroit., No. 7, 36 – 39 (2015).Google Scholar
- 3.Yu. P. Maizel’, “Lubricating and cooling system of rubber bearings of vertical hydraulic turbine shafts and its effect on bearing reliability,” Gidrotekhnika, No. 3(2), 6 – 11 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Novkunskii and A. A. Shapleva, “Determination of the reliability indices of turbine guide bearings. Hydraulic machines, hydraulic drives, and hydraulic-pneumatic control components. Current State and Prospects of Development,” in: Collection of Scientific Works of the IX International Scientific and Technical Conference [in Russian], Izd. Politekhn. Univ., St. Petersburg (2016), pp. 72 – 77.Google Scholar
- 5.M. I. Gal’perin, B. K. Andrenenko, and Yu. P. Maizel’, Hydraulic Turbine Bearings [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.E. P. Shtern (ed.), Handbook on Operation and Repair of Hydraulic Turbine Equipment [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Pakh and A. A. Novkunskii, “Review of designs of rubber guide bearings of vertical hydraulic turbine shafts,” Proc. of Scientific- Practical Conference [in Russian], Inst. Énerg. Transport. Sistem., SPbPU, St. Petersburg (2015), pp. 83 – 85.Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Pak and A. A. Novkunskii, “Calculation and design of hydraulic turbine guide bearings,” Molodezh. Nauchno-Tekh. Vest. Élektron. Zh., No. 7, 1 – 11 (2015), http://www.sntbul.bmstu.ru/doc/786666 (ISSN 2307-0609).