Investigation of the State of an Earth Dam by Geophysical Methods
- 2 Downloads
Operational nondestructive monitoring is presently used actively for assessing the stability and predicting the physical state of earth dams. An investigation by several methods of such physical parameters as density, dielectric constant, electrical resistance, longitudinal electrical conductivity, and frequency dispersion coefficient was carried out on an earth dam located in the Sverdlovsk Oblast.
Keywordsearth dam GPR profiling gravimetry electrometry induction sounding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Davydov, S. V. Baidikov, V. Yu. Gorshkov, and A. V. Malikov, “Investigation of earth dams by geophysical electrometric methods,” Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 2, 46 – 53 (2016).Google Scholar
- 2.A. G. Vdovin and V. V. Noskevich, “Nondestructive geophysical investigation (for the example of the ancient Shanshar mine),” Geoarkheol. Arkheogeol. Mineral., No. 2, 86 – 89 (2015).Google Scholar
- 3.Radan 6.6. User Manual, Geophysical Survey Systems Inc. (GSSI), New Hampshire (2015).Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. Baqidikov and A. I. Chelovechkov, “MCh-8 apparatus for high-frequency induction sounding,” Ural. Geofiz. Vestn., No. 1, 4 – 8 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.Gravmetric Prospecting Instructions [in Russian] (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.Instructions on Topographic-Geodetic and Navigation Support of Geological Exploration Works [in Russian] (1997).Google Scholar
- 7.Electrical Prospecting Instructions [in Russian], Min. Geol. SSSR, Nedra, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 8.R. B. Zhuravlev, S. A. Samoswlkina, andV. P Bakaev, “Selection of interpretation parameters for remote sounding and profiling with DÉMP-SCH apparatus,” Ross. Geofiz. Zh., Nos. 2 – 4, 67 – 70 (1994).Google Scholar
- 9.V. S. Titlinov and R. B. Zhuravlev, Remote Induction Sounding Technology [in Russian], Yekaterinburg (1995).Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Veshev, V. G. Ivochkin, and G. F. Ignat’ev, Electromagnetic Profiling [in Russian], Nedra, Leningrad (1971).Google Scholar