Model Studies of Load Shedding for Steam Turbines with Different Regulator Valve Control Schemes
A promising scheme for control of an JSC “UTZ” turbine with regulator valves is examined from the standpoint of its effect on the dynamic overshoot in rotation speed during load shedding compared to the traditional scheme.
Keywordssteam turbine regulator system regulator valves load shedding throttling steam computational method turbine model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. D. Barinberg, Yu. M. Brodov, and A. A. Gol’dberg, Steam Turbines and Piping from the Urals Turbine Factory [in Russian], Yekaterinburg (2017).Google Scholar
- 2.S. L. Taylor, Turbine Overspeed Systems and Required Response Times, Texas A&M University, Turbomachinery Laboratories (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.C. Schindler and G. Zimmer, “Design philosophy and dynamic calculation method for optimized load rejection characteristics of steam turbines,” in: Proceedings of ASME Turbo Expo (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.F. S. Heilbronn, “Paper 11: Effect of Stored Steam and Water upon the Overspeed of Large Steam Turbines after Sudden Loss of Load,” Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng., No. 10 (1965).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Zimmer, “Modelling and Simulation of Steam Turbine Processes: Individual Models for Individual Task,” Math. Computer Model. Dyn. Syst., No. 6 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Lesnov, V. B. Novoselov, V. M. Markovskii, and V. M. Gladchenko, Regulation and Automation of Steam Turbines and Gas-turbine Systems: A Textbook [in Russian], GOU VPO UGTU-UPI, Yekaterinburg (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.A. E. Zaryankin and B. P. Simonov, Regulator and Shutoff-regulator Valves in Steam Turbines [in Russian], Izd. MÉI, Moscow (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Shcheglyaev and S. G. Smel’nitskii, Regulation of Steam Turbines [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat, Moscow – Leningrad (1962).Google Scholar
- 9.I. I. Kirillov and S. A. Kantor, Theory and Construction of Steam Turbines [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow – Leningrad (1947).Google Scholar
- 10.V. B. Novoselov, “Calculation of a nonlinear drive for a regulator diaphragm and experience with its use in steam turbines from ZJSC ‘UTZ’,” Tyazh. Mashinostr., No. 2 (2012).Google Scholar