Features of Measuring the Windings Resistance of Power Transformers to Direct Current
Analysis is provided of the processes of change of magnetic induction in the magnetic core of power transformers during measurements of windings resistance to direct current. A methodology was developed to calculate the time needed for exit to measurement mode. It is shown that this time is proportional to the ratio of the rated winding voltage to the voltage from the power supply of the measuring device. It is noted also that the time needed for exit to the mode of measurement of windings resistance to direct current on the side cores is less than the analogous time for the winding on the central core. The methodology has been confirmed with practical measurements on the power transformers of the Donbass electrical power system.
Keywordspower transformer magnetic core winding windings resistance to direct current measurement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.RD 34.45-51.300–97. Scope and Standards of Electric Equipment Tests. 6th edition [in Russian], NTs ÉNAS, Moscow (1998).Google Scholar
- 2.State Standard GOST 3484.1–88. Transformer Power. Electromagnetic Test Methods [in Russian], Gosudarstvennyi komitet SSSR po standartam, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.A. D. Drozdov, A. S. Zasypkin, S. L. Kuzhekov, V. V. Platonov, and É. V. Podgornyi, Electric Circuits with Ferromagnetic Cores in Relay Protection. 2nd edition [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.A. S. Zasypkin, Relay Protection of Transformers [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Kh. Zikherman and I. P. Kameneva, “Residual induction in 330 – 750 kV transformers,” Élektrichestvo, No. 5, 86 – 88 (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.P. M. Tikhomirov, Calculation of Transformers: Textbook for Higher Educational Institutions. 5th edition [in Russian], Énergoatomizdat, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.State Standard GOST 21427.1–83. Electrotechnical Cold-rolled Anisotropic Thin-Sheet Steel. Specifications [in Russian], Izd. Standartov, Moscow (1992).Google Scholar
- 8.B. V. Molotilov, et al., Cold-rolled Electrotechnical Steels: Reference Manual [in Russian], Metallurgiya, Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 9.L. V. Leites, Electromagnetic Calculations of Transformers and Reactors [in Russian], Énergiya, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar