Assessment of the Change in Elastic Properties of the Rock Mass at Various Water Levels in the Inguri HPP Reservoir
- 8 Downloads
The results of measuring elastic wave velocities in the rock mass of the base of the Inguri HPP dam at minimum and maximum upper pool levels (UPLs) are presented. A substantial difference in the change in longitudinal and transverse wave velocities during a rise of the UPL in the right- and left-bank abutments both in horizontal and vertical sections is established.
KeywordsP-wave and S-wave velocities property changes seismic tomography sections decompression of the rock mass reservoir water level (UPL)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Z. G. Yashchenko, V. G. Abashidze, A. I. Savich, and N. D. Emukhari, Geological and Geophysical Investigations of the Inguri HPP [in Russian], Metsniebera, Tbilisi (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.Seismic Exploration: Geophysicist’s Handbook [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.A. I. Savich, M. M. Il’in, V. I. Bronshtein, A. B. Kereselidze, M. G. Mosichvili, and M. G. Gigieriya, “Geophysical geomonitoring of the base of the Inguri HPP arch dam,” Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 11, 38 – 46 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.A. I. Savich, M. M. Il’in, and V. A. Yakubov, “Regularities of the change in elastic wave velocities in the rock mass of the base of the Inguri arch dam during its operation,” in: Collection of Gidroproekt Research Papers [in Russian], Issue 137, 40 – 50 (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Savich, M. M. Il’in, V. I. Rechidtskii, and A. M. Zamakhaev, “Characteristics of the effect of reservoirs on the rock base of large dams,” Gidrotekh. Stroit., No. 3, 48 – 53 (2003).Google Scholar