Global Health Needs and the Short-Term Medical Volunteer: Ethical Considerations
- Anderson, F. W. J., & Wansom, T. (2009). Beyond medical tourism: authentic engagement in global health. Virtual Mentor, American Medical Association Journal of Ethics, 11(7), 506–510.Google Scholar
- Ansbacher, R. (2006). Medical missions enlighten. Michigan Medicine: The Journal of the Michigan State Medical Society, 105(1), 5.Google Scholar
- DeCamp, M. (2011). Ethical review of global short-term medical volunteerism. HEC Forum. doi:10.1007/s10730-011-9152-y.
- National Library of Medicine. Accessed June 23, 2011, from http://www.nlm.nih.gov.
- O’Neil, E., Jr. (2006a). The ‘ethical imperative’ of global health service. Virtual Mentor, American Medical Association Journal of Ethics, 8(12), 846–850.Google Scholar
- O’Neil, E., Jr. (2006b). Awakening hippocrates: A primer on health, poverty, and global service. Chicago: American Medical Association.Google Scholar
- O’Neil, E., Jr. (2006c). A practical guide to global health service. Chicago: American Medical Association.Google Scholar
- Organization for economic co-operation and development (OECD). (2004). The Development Assistance Committee Journal of Development Co-operation 2003 Report, 5(1). Development assistance committee of the organization for econimic co-operation and development. Paris, France: OECD Publications.Google Scholar
- Ott, B. B., & Olson, R. M. (2011). Ethical issues of medical missions: The clinicians’ view. HEC Forum 22(2). doi:10.1007/s10730-011-9154-9
- Wall, A. (2011). The context of ethical problems in medical volunteer work. HEC Forum 22(2). doi:10.1007/s10730-011-9155-8
- Wall, L. L. (2011). Ethical concerns regarding operations by volunteer surgeons on vulnerable patient groups: the case of women with obstetric fistulas. HEC Forum, 22(2). doi:10.1007/s10730-011-9153-x
- Wall, A. E. (in press) Ethics in international medicine: a practical guide for medical aid workers in developing countries. Lebanon, NH: University Press of New England.Google Scholar
- White, M., & Cauley, K. (2006). Op-ed. A caution against medical student tourism. Virtual Mentor, American Medical Association Journal of Ethics, 8(12), 851–854.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2011