Twenty-Five Years of Group Decision and Negotiation: A Bibliometric Overview
- 63 Downloads
Twenty-five years ago, in 1992, a journal named Group Decision and Negotiation was established in association with the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences with the vision of promoting theoretical and empirical research, real-world applications and case studies on group decision and negotiation processes. To celebrate its 25 years of continuous and outstanding contributions, this study aims to develop a bibliometric analysis of the publications of the journal between 1992 and 2016. The Web of Science Core Collection database is used to identify the leading trends of the journal in terms of impacts, topics, authors, universities and countries. Moreover, it utilizes the visualization of similarities viewer software to analyze the bibliographic couplings, co-citations, citations, co-authorships and co-occurrences of keywords.
KeywordsBibliometrics Journal Web of Science VOS viewer
We would like to thank the editors and the anonymous reviewers for their valuable comments that have improved the quality of the paper. Support from the Chilean Government through Comisión Nacional de Investigación Científica y Tecnológica (CONICYT) and the Fondo Nacional de Desarrollo Científico y Tecnológico (Fondecyt) Regular program (Project Numbers 1160286 and 1161200) is gratefully acknowledged. Valuable assistant support by Felipe Bravo is also acknowledged. The second author is grateful forever to Shri Bibhas Candra Das for giving endless encouragement.
- Basak A, Bandyopadhyay R (2017) Research papers on leather science: a bibliometric study. Qual Quant Methods Libr 4:195–202Google Scholar
- Clarivate Analytics (2018) InCites journal citation reports. http://ipscience-help.thomsonreuters.com/incitesLiveJCR/glossaryAZgroup/g4/9995-TRS.html. Accessed 12 May 2018
- Heck JL, Bremser WG (1986) Six decades of the accounting review: a summary of author and institutional contributors. Account Rev 61:735–744Google Scholar
- Podsakoff PM, MacKenzie SB, Podsakoff NP, Bachrach DG (2008) Scholarly influence in the field of management: a bibliometric analysis of the determinants of university and author impact in the management literature in the past quarter century. J Manag 34:641–720Google Scholar
- Wang W, Laengle S, Merigó JM, Yu D, Herrera-Viedma E, Cobo MJ, Bouchon-Meunier B (2018) A bibliometric analysis of the first twenty-five years of the International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems. Int J Uncertain Fuzziness Knowl Based Syst 26:169–193CrossRefGoogle Scholar