Project Delivery System Selection with Interval-Valued Intuitionistic Fuzzy Set Group Decision-Making Method
- 61 Downloads
A project delivery system (PDS) is the relationship and contractual structure between the owner and the contractors of a construction project; this system defines the roles and responsibilities of the participates involved in the project. Selecting a suitable PDS is one of the keys to achieve a construction project’s goals. PDS selection is a typical multi-attribute decision making problem that can be effectively solved by group decision making. Interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy set (IVIFS) is used to solve complex decision making problems, especially multi-attribute group decision making problems, under uncertain circumstances. In this paper, a group decision making model for PDS selection is proposed using IVIFS theory as basis. In order to improve the reliability of decision making, a new decision maker weight determination method is introduced based on information utility level. Finally, the validity of the method is verified through a case study. This method can aid project owners in PDS selection.
KeywordsConstruction project Project delivery system Selection Interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy set Group decision making
The authors acknowledge with gratitude the National Natural Science Foundation of China (#Project Nos. 71302191, 71402045), the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities of China (#Project Nos. 2016B46614, 2014B01314) and Foundation for Distinguished Young Talents in Higher Education of Henan (Humanities and Social Sciences), China (No. 2017-cxrc- 023). This study would not have been possible without their financial support.
- Boran FE (2011) An integrated intuitionistic fuzzy multicriteria decision making method for facility location selection. Math Comput Appl 16(2):487–496Google Scholar
- Hong WM, Liu HM, Wang ZF (2010) Decision-making of project delivery system based on entropy and fuzzy set. Sci Technol Manag Res 3:122–125 (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- Wang ZF, Yang GS, Hong WM (2010) Construction engineering transaction theory and transaction model. China Water & Power Press, Beijing (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- Wang ZF, Wang DG, Yang GS, Ding JY (2013) Selection of construction project delivery method based on value-added analysis: a theoretical framework. Paper presented at the international conference on construction and real estate management (ICCREM2013), Karlsruhe, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- Wang LY, An XW, Li HM (2014) Applying fuzzy set model for selecting project delivery system. Paper presented at the international conference on simulation and modeling methodologies, technologies and applications (SMTA2014), Sanya, ChinaGoogle Scholar
- Wei GW (2011) Gray relational analysis method for intuitionistic fuzzy multiple attribute decision making. Expert Syst Appl 38(9):671–677Google Scholar
- Xu ZS (2007a) Methods for aggregating interval-valued intuitionistic fuzzy information and their application to decision making. Control Decis 22(2):215–219Google Scholar
- Zafar F, Akram M (2017) A novel decision-making method based on rough fuzzy information. Int J Fuzzy Syst 3:1–15Google Scholar