Determination of relationships among autochthonous grapevine varieties (Vitis vinifera L.) in the Northwest of the Iberian Peninsula by using microsatellite markers
- 128 Downloads
Fifty six grapevine varieties traditionally grown in the Northwest region of the Iberian Peninsula were analysed for six microsatellite loci, in order to determine the relationships among them as well as the plant material that should be collected and preserved in germplasm banks. Previous morphological and molecular results were taken into account for assessment of the existing synonymies among accessions from different European countries. Percent distribution of the main alleles was calculated. Multivariate analysis was carried out and similarities among the studied material were described and commented.
Key wordsAmpelography Identification Microsatellite markers Synonymies Varieties Vitis vinifera
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J.E. Bowers, E.B. Bandman and C.P. Meredith, DNA fingerprinting characterization of some wine grape cultivars. Am. J. Enol. Vitic. 44 (1993) 266-274Google Scholar
- J.E. Bowers, G.S. Dangl, R. Vignani and C.P. Meredith, DNA Isolation and characterization of new polymorphic simple sequence repeat loci in grape (Vitis vinifera L.). Genome 39 (1996) 628-633Google Scholar
- Cabello F. 1995. La colección de vides de‘El Encín’. Comunidad de Madrid. Dirección General de Agricultura y Alimentación, pp. 125.Google Scholar
- Leal F., Castro I., Ortiz J.M., Martı´ n J.P., Guedes-Pinto H. and Pinto-Carnide O. 2003. Characterization of grapevine cultivars using random amplified polymorphic DNA markers. 1st International Symposium on Grapevine. Growing, commerce and research. ISHS. Lisbon 30th June to 2nd July 2003. Abstract, p. 77.Google Scholar
- Liste internationale des variétés de Vigne et leurs synonymes. Eds. Paris: O.I.V. (1996).Google Scholar
- O. Pinto-Carnide, J.P. Martín, F. Leal, I. Castro, H. Guedes-Pinto and J.M. Ortiz, Characterization of grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.) cultivars from northern Portugal using RAPD and microsatellite markers. Vitis 42 (2003) 23-25Google Scholar
- I. Rodríguez-Torres, J. Chávez, J.M. Ortiz and Y.F. Cabello, Avance sobre la resolución de sinonimias y homonimias de variedades de vid (Vitis vinifera L.) autorizadas en las diferentes denominaciones de origen (DO) españolas. Semana Vitivinícola 2815 (2000) 2677-2686Google Scholar
- F.J. Rohlf, NTSYS-pc Numerical Taxonomy and Multivariate Analysis System Version 2.02. New York: Exeter Publications Setauket (1998).Google Scholar
- Santiago J.L., Boso S., Pinto-Carnide O., Ortiz J.M., Castro I. and Martı´ nez M.C. 2003. Ampelographic Description and Similarities of Some Grapevine Varieties from Northern Portugal and Northwest of Spain. 1st International Symposium on Grapevine. Growing, commerce and research. ISHS. Lisbon 30th June to 2nd July 2003. Abstract, pp. 105Google Scholar
- M.R. Thomas and N.S. Scott, Microsatellite repeats in grapevine reveal DNA polymorphisms when analysed as sequence-tagged sites (STSs). Theor. Appl. Genet. 86 (1993) 985-990Google Scholar