Noether versus Killing symmetry of conformally flat Friedmann metric
- First Online:
- 117 Downloads
In a recent study Noether symmetries of some static spacetime metrics in comparison with Killing vectors of corresponding spacetimes were studied. It was shown that Noether symmetries provide additional conservation laws that are not given by Killing vectors. In an attempt to understand how Noether symmetries compare with conformal Killing vectors, we find the Noether symmetries of the flat Friedmann cosmological model. We show that the conformally transformed flat Friedman model admits additional conservation laws not given by the Killing or conformal Killing vectors. Inter alia, these additional conserved quantities provide a mechanism to twice reduce the geodesic equations via the associated Noether symmetries.
KeywordsNoether symmetry Killing vector Conformal Killing vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Misner, C.W., Thorne, K.S., Wheeler, J.A.: Gravitation Benjamin, New York (1973)Google Scholar
- 4.Katzin, G.H., Levine, J.: Coloq. Math. 26, (21) (1972)Google Scholar
- 5.Hall, G.S.: Symmetries and curvature structure in general relativity. World Scientific, (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Giachetta, G., Sardanashvily, G.: Stree-energy-momentum tensors in Lagrangian field theory, arXiv:gr-qc/9510061Google Scholar
- 12.Marteen, R., Maharaj, S.D.: Class. Quantum Grav., 3, 1005 (1986)Google Scholar
- 16.Wolf, T.: Crack, LiePDE, ApplySym and ConLaw, section 4.3.5 and computer program on CD-ROM. In: Grabmeier, J., Kaltofen, E., Weispfenning, V. (eds.) Computer Algebra Handbook, vol. 465. Springer, Heidelberg (2002)Google Scholar
- 17.Wolf T. (2004). Applications of CRACK in the classification of integrable systems. CRM Proc. Lect. Notes 37: 283 Google Scholar
- 18.Bokhari, A.H.: Conformal extension of Pseudo-Newtonian Formalis, PhD Thesis, Quaid-i-Azam University (1985)Google Scholar