Creep Parameter Determination and Model Establishment Considering Stress and Time Effects
- 5 Downloads
In order to better study the creep properties of rock under different stress and time, the creep test was taken from the surrounding rock of the roadway. First, a model that describes the whole process of rock creep was introduced so that it could correspond to the various stages of creep. Then, a new method for determining creep parameters was proposed. The calculated creep parameters were processed by combining the stress difference and the time product, and the relationship between the creep parameters and the overstress difference and time product was analyzed. A creep model considering stress and time effects was obtained. Finally, the model was verified by the experimental data and calculation results, and the rationality and correctness of the method for determining the parameters of the creep model were analyzed. The results shown that the special point of creep curve and the definition of creep deformation were combined with the model equation and experimental data to determine the creep parameters under different stress and time. The improved creep model could better describe the creep damage process of rock under different stress states, and provided a new idea for establishing the unsteady creep model and determining the model parameters. The product of E2 controlled the limit of viscoelastic deformation gradually decreased with the product of time and overstress difference. The shear viscoelastic coefficient η1 gradually decreased as the product of time and overstress difference increases. The product of η2 controlling the steady creep rate decreased with time and the overstress difference. The higher the stress level, the greater the steady creep rate, but the overall stable creep rate was less than the accelerated creep rate. The nonlinear viscous coefficient η3 mainly controled the accelerated creep deformation of rock and gradually decreased with the increase of stress and time. The trend of creep parameters as a whole indicated that stress and time had certain degrading effects on rock creep parameters.
KeywordsStress state Time Creep phase Determination of creep parameters Creep rate
The authors would like to acknowledge the editor and the reviewers for their constructive criticism on the earlier version of this paper and for offering valuable suggestions that contributed to the paper’s improvement. This study was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51274109).
Compliance with Ethical Standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare no conflict of interest.
- Anno (1998) Time-dependent behaviour of deep level tabular excavations in hard rock. Rock Mech Rock Eng 32(2):123–155Google Scholar
- Cui S (2010) Study on time effect of rock mechanical parameters and unsteady rheological constitutive model”. Beijing Jiaotong University, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- Liu BG, Cui SD (2011) Improvement of single specimen method for determination of rock strength parameters. China Civ Eng J 44(S1):162–165Google Scholar
- Liu HZ, Xie HQ, He JD (2016) Nonlinear creep damage constitutive model for soft rocks. Mech Time Depend Mater 21(1):1–24Google Scholar
- Qi YJ, Jiang QH, Wang ZJ (2012) 3D creep constitutive equation of modified Nishihara model and its parameters identification. Chin J Rock Mech Eng 31(2):347–355Google Scholar
- Tang H, Wang DP, Huang RQ (2017) A new rock creep model based on variable-order fractional derivatives and continuum damage mechanics. Bull Eng Geol Environ 7(1):1–9Google Scholar
- Zhou CB, Wan ZJ, Zhang Y (2012) Creep characteristics and constitutive model of gas coal mass under high temperature and triaxial stress. J China Coal Soc 12:2020–2025Google Scholar