Effect of the form of data on the quality of mine tremors hazard forecasting using neural networks
- 122 Downloads
During hard coal mining operations conducted under conditions of rockburst hazard, one of the most important preventive measures can be the prediction of occurrence time and location of the strong seismic mine tremors of energy E s ⩾ 104 J. This is a very difficult task and the way it is being currently performed appears to be unsatisfactory. Therefore, attempts have been made to use neural networks, specifically trained for this application. The paper presents an approach for determining an influence of the type and shape of the input data on the efficiency of such a prediction. The considerations are based on a selected example of the seismic activity recorded during longwall mining operations conducted in one of the Polish mines.
Keywordslongwall mining operations neural networks prediction of mining induced tremors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bishop, C. 1995Neural Networks for Pattern RecognitionUniversity PressOxfordGoogle Scholar
- Fausett, L. 1994Fundamentals of Neural networksPrentice HallNew YorkGoogle Scholar
- Gibowicz, S.J., Kijko, A. 1990An Introduction to Mining SeismologyAcademic PressSan Diego – New YorkInternational Geophysics SeriesGoogle Scholar
- Konopko, W. (1994) Experimental basis for qualifying mining excavations in hard coal mines according to the rockburst hazard. Prace Naukowe Głównego Instytutu Górnictwa, Nr 795, Katowice [in Polish].Google Scholar
- Kornowski, J. 2003Linear prediction of hourly aggregated AE and tremors energy emitted from a longwall and its performance in practiceArchives of Mining Sciences48315337(Polish Academy of Sciences. Committee of Mining and Strata Mechanics Research Institute, Cracov)Google Scholar
- Lasocki, S. (1993) Statistical prediction of strong mine tremors. Acta Geophysica Polonica, 41(3), 197–234 (Polish Academy of Sciences. Committee of Geophysics. Institute of Geophysics, Warsaw)Google Scholar
- Lasocki, S. (1993a) Statistical short-term prediction in mining-induced seismicity. In: Rockbursts and Seismicity in Mines’93. Rotterdam. A.A. Balkema.Google Scholar
- Zweig, M.H., Campbell, G. 1993Receiver-Operating Characteristic (RDC) Plots: A Fundamental Evaluation Tool in Clinical MedicineClinical Chemistry39561577Google Scholar