Exploring structural symmetry automatically in symbolic trajectory evaluation
This paper presents a formal theory to characterize symmetry in netlists and symmetry in properties. The inherent correlation between the two types of symmetry is formalized as a theorem, which provides the soundness of our symmetry reduction method. A practical tactic is introduced to effectively integrate the symmetry reduction approach in a hybrid verification environment which combines theorem proving and symbolic trajectory evaluation. Finally, the effecitveness of the symmetry reduction method is demonstrated by case studies.
KeywordsSymmetry Symbolic trajectory evaluation Theorem proving
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Brayton R, Hachtel GD, Sangiovanni-Vincentelli A, Somenzi F, Aziz A, Cheng ST, Edwards S (1996) Vis: a system for verification and synthesis. In: CAV ’96: Proceedings of the 8th international conference on computer aided verification. Springer, Berlin, pp 428–432 Google Scholar
- 5.Darbari A (2006) Symmetry reduction for STE model checking using structured models. PhD thesis, University of Oxford Google Scholar
- 7.Hung WNN, Aziz A, McMillan K (1997) Heuristic symmetry reduction for invariant verification. In: 6th IEEE/ACM international workshop on logic synthesis, May 1997 Google Scholar
- 8.Ip CN, Dill DL (1996) Better verification through symmetry. Form Methods Syst Des 9(1–2):41–75 Google Scholar
- 9.Li Y (2009) Formalization of symbolic trajectory semantics. http://lcs.ios.ac.cn/~lyj238/steSymmetry.html
- 12.O’Leary J, Zhao X, Gerth R, Seger C-JH (1999) Formally verifying IEEE compliance of floating-point hardware. Intel Technol J Q1:147–190 Google Scholar
- 13.Pandey M (1997) Formal verification of memory arrays. PhD thesis, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. Chair-Bryant, Randal E Google Scholar
- 19.Technical Publications and Training, Intel Corporation (2003) Forte/FL user guide edition Google Scholar
- 20.Tzoref R, Grumberg O (2006) Automatic refinement and vacuity detection for symbolic trajectory evaluation. In: Ball T, Jones RB (eds) CAV. Lecture notes in computer science, vol 4144. Springer, Berlin, pp 190–204 Google Scholar