Numerical solution of linear inhomogeneous fuzzy delay differential equations
- 20 Downloads
We investigate inhomogeneous fuzzy delay differential equation (FDDE) in which initial function and source function are fuzzy. We assume these functions be in a special form, which we call triangular fuzzy function. We define solution as a fuzzy bunch of real functions such that each real function satisfies the equation with certain membership degree. We develop an algorithm to find the solution, and we provide the existence and uniqueness results for the considered FDDE. We also present an example to show the applicability of the proposed algorithm.
KeywordsFuzzy differential equation Fuzzy delay differential equation Fuzzy set
We are grateful to the Editor-in-Chief, the Associate Editor and the anonymous reviewers for their careful reading of the paper and their valuable comments and suggestions.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Hale, J. K. (1997). Theory of Functional Differential Equations. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Jafelice, R. M., Barros, L. C., & Bassanezi, R. C. (2009). A fuzzy delay differential equation model for HIV dynamics. In Proceedings of the IFSA/EUSFLAT conference (pp. 265–270).Google Scholar
- Min, C., Huang, N.-J., & Zhang, L.-H. (2014). Existence of local and global solutions of fuzzy delay differential inclusions. Advances in Difference Equations. https://doi.org/10.1186/1687-1847-2014-108.
- Shao, Y. B., Zhang, H. H., & Xue, G. L. (2014). Existence of solutions for the fuzzy functional differential equations. In B. -Y. Cao, & H. Nasseri (Eds.), Fuzzy information and engineering and operations research and management (pp. 215–227). Heidelberg: Springer.Google Scholar
- Tri, P. V., Hoa, N. V., & Phu, N. D. (2014). Sheaf fuzzy problems for functional differential equations. Advances in Difference Equations. https://doi.org/10.1186/1687-1847-2014-156.