Uncertain inference control for balancing an inverted pendulum
- 280 Downloads
Fuzzy inference control uses fuzzy sets to describe the antecedents and consequents of If-Then rules. However, most surveys show the antecedents and consequents are uncertain sets rather than fuzzy sets. This fact provides a motivation to invent an uncertain inference control method. This paper gives an introduction to the design procedures of uncertain inference controller. As an example, an uncertain inference controller for balancing an inverted pendulum system is successfully designed. The computer simulation shows the developed uncertain inference controller is of good robustness.
KeywordsInference control Uncertain set Uncertain inference Inverted pendulum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Liu B. (2010a) Uncertainty theory: A branch of mathematics for modeling human uncertainty. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Liu B. (2010b) Uncertain set theory and uncertain inference rule with application to uncertain control. Journal of Uncertain Systems 4(2): 83–98Google Scholar
- Liu B. (2012) Why is there a need for uncertainty theory?. Journal of Uncertain Systems 6(1): 3–10Google Scholar
- Liu, B. (2012). Membership functions and operational law of uncertain sets. Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making.Google Scholar
- Mamdani E. H. (1974) Applications of fuzzy algorithms for control of a simple dynamic plant. Proceedings of IEEE 121(12): 1585–1588Google Scholar
- Tasukamoto, Y. (1979). Fuzzy logic based on Lukasiewicz logic and its application to diagnosis and control, Ph.D. Dissertation, Tokyo Institute of Technology.Google Scholar