Optimal Conditions for Compaction and Monolith Production of Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene Reactor Powders
- 49 Downloads
A special cell (press-form) was fabricated for compaction and monolith production of UHMWPE reactor powder over broad ranges of pressure and temperature. The effect of applied pressure on the compaction and the temperature for UHMWPE powder monolith production was studied using scanning electron microscopy and FTIR spectroscopy. It was found that stable tablets of reactor powder were formed and the compaction was complete at 136 MPa for 8 min and more. The optimal temperature range for monolith production using compacted tablets of UHMWPE powder was 135-140°C.
The work was supported financially by the RF Ministry of Education and Science under the auspices of state scientific activities. The studies used equipment of the CCU at TvSU.
- 1.P. M. Pakhomov, V. P. Galitsyn, et al., High-strength and High-modulus Polymer Fibers [in Russian], TvGU, Tver, 2012, 327 pp.Google Scholar
- 3.V. E. Sitnikova, A. A. Kotova, et al., Khim. Volokna, No. 6, 3, 2012.Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Aulov, S. V. Makarov, et al., Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A, 43, No. 10, 1766 (2001).Google Scholar
- 6.A. N. Ozerin, S. S. Ivanchev, et al., Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. A, 54, No. 12, 1731 (2012).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Uehara, T. Tamura, et al., J. Mater. Chem. A, No. 2, 5252 (2014).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Pogudkina, I. N. Mezheumov, et al., Physical Chemistry of Polymers [in Russian], TvGU, Tver, 2013, No. 19, p. 75.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Dechant, R. Danz, W. Kimmer, and R. Schmolke, Ultrarotspektroskopische Untersuchungen an Polymeren, Akademie-Verlag, Berlin, 1972 [Russian translation, Khimiya, Moscow, 1976, 471 pp.].Google Scholar
- 11.S. D. Khizhnyak, M. N. Malanin, et al., Vysokomol. Soedin., Ser. B, 50, No. 6, 1116 (2008).Google Scholar