Elements of Potential Theory on Carnot Groups
- 33 Downloads
We propose and study elements of potential theory for the sub-Laplacian on homogeneous Carnot groups. In particular, we show the continuity of the single-layer potential and establish Plemelj-type jump relations for the double-layer potential. As a consequence, we derive a formula for the trace on smooth surfaces of the Newton potential for the sub-Laplacian. Using this, we construct a sub-Laplacian version of Kac’s boundary value problem.
Key wordssub-Laplacian integral boundary condition homogeneous Carnot group Newton potential layer potentials
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- V. Fischer and M. Ruzhansky, Quantization on Nilpotent Lie Groups, Progress inMathematics, vol. 314, Birkhäuser, 2016.Google Scholar
- M. Kac, in: Proceedings of the Second Berkeley Symposium on Mathematical Statistics and Probability, 1950, University of California Press, Berkeley and Los Angeles, 1951, 189–215.Google Scholar
- M. Kac, Integration in Function Spaces and Some of Its Applications, Lezioni Fermiane. [Fermi Lectures], Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, Pisa, 1980.Google Scholar
- T. Sh. Kalmenov and D. Suragan, Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 428:1 (2009), 16–19. English transl.: Russian Acad. Sci. Dokl. Math., 80:2 (2009), 646–649.Google Scholar
- C. Romero, Potential Theory for the Kohn Laplacian on the Heisenberg Group, PhD thesis, University of Minnesota, 1991.Google Scholar
- M. Ruzhansky and V. Turunen, Pseudo-Differential Operators and Symmetries. Background Analysis and Advanced Topics, Pseudo-Differential Operators. Theory and Applications, vol. 2, Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel, 2010.Google Scholar