Structure of groups of circle diffeomorphisms with the property of fixing nonexpandable points
- 213 Downloads
We study the structure of groups of circle diffeomorphisms with the property of fixing nonexpandable points. This property generalizes the local expansivity property, and at present there are no known examples of minimal C 2 actions of finitely generated groups of circle diffeomorphisms for which this generalized property does not hold.
It turns out that if this property holds for a group action and there is at least one nonexpandable point, then the action admits a rather restrictive characterization. In particular, for such an action, we prove the existence of a Markov partition, and the structure of the action turns out to be similar to that of the Thompson group.
Key wordsdynamical system group action circle diffeomorphism Markov partition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Guivarc’h and Y. Le Jan, “Asymptotic winding of the geodesic flow on modular surfaces and continued fractions,” Ann. Sc. Ec. Norm. Sup. (4), 26:1 (1993), 23–50.Google Scholar
- Y. Guivarc’h and C. R. E. Raja, Recurrence and ergodicity of random walks on linear groups and on homogeneous spaces, http://arxiv.org/abs/0908.0637.
- S. Hurder, “Exceptional minimal sets and the Godbillon-Vey class,” Annales de l’Institut Fourier (Grenoble) (to appear).Google Scholar
- D. Filimonov and V. Kleptsyn, “Lyapunov exponents and other properties of N-groups,” Trudy Moskov. Mat. Obshch., 73:1 (2012); English transl.: Trans. Moscow Math. Soc., 73:1 (2012).Google Scholar
- R. Mãné, “Introdução à teoria ergódica,” Projeto Euclides, 1983; English transl.: Ergodic Theory and Differentiable Dynamics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1987.Google Scholar
- A. Navas, Grupos de difeomorfismos del círculo, Ensaios Matemáticos, Braz. Math. Society, 2007; English transl.: Groups of circle diffeomorphisms, http://arxiv.org/abs/math/0607481.