To the theory of the Dirichlet and Neumann problems for strongly elliptic systems in Lipschitz domains
- 237 Downloads
For strongly elliptic Systems with Douglis-Nirenberg structure, we investigate the regularity of variational solutions to the Dirichlet and Neumann problems in a bounded Lipschitz domain. The solutions of the problems with homogeneous boundary conditions are originally defined in the simplest L 2-Sobolev spaces H σ . The regularity results are obtained in the potential spaces H p σ and Besov spaces B p σ . In the case of second-order Systems, the author’s results obtained a year ago are strengthened. The Dirichlet problem with nonhomogeneous boundary conditions is considered with the use of Whitney arrays.
Key wordsstrong ellipticity Lipschitz domain Dirichlet problem Neumann problem variational solution potential space Besov space Whitney array
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. S. Agranovich, “Remarks on potential spaces and Besov spaces in a Lipschitz domain and on Whitney arrays on its boundary,” Russian J. Math. Phys., 16:2 (2008) (to appear).Google Scholar
- J. Bergh and J. Löfström, Interpolation Spaces. An Introduction, Springer-Verlag, 1976.Google Scholar
- A. L. Goldenveiser, V. B. Lidskii, and P. E. Tovstik, Free Oscillations of Thin Elastic Shells [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, 1979.Google Scholar
- A. Jonsson and H. Wallin, Function Spaces on Subsets of ℝn, Math. Rep., vol. 2, Harwood Academic Publ., 1984.Google Scholar
- P. D. Lax and N. Milgram, “Parabolic equations,” in: Contributions to the Theory of Partial Differential Equations, Ann. Math. Stud., vol. 33, 1954, 167–190.Google Scholar
- V. Maz’ya, M. Mitrea, and T. Shaposhnikova, The Dirichlet problem in Lipschitz domains for higher order elliptic Systems with rough coefficients, http://arxiv.org/abs/math/0701898, Jan. 2007.
- J. Necas, Les métodes directes en théorie des équations elliptiques, Masson, Academia, Paris-Prague, 1967.Google Scholar
- J. Peetre, New Thoughts on Besov Spaces, Duke Univ. Math. Series, vol. 1, Durham, N.C., 1976.Google Scholar
- G. Verchota, “Potentials for the Dirichlet problem in Lipschitz domains.,” in: Potential Theory-ICPT 94, Valter de Gruyter, Berlin, 1996, 168–187.Google Scholar
- M. I. Vishik, “On strongly elliptic Systems of differential equations,” Mat. Sb., 29(71) (1951), 615–676.Google Scholar