Main results of strategic noise maps and action plans in Navarre (Spain)
- 213 Downloads
According to Directive 2002/49, strategic noise maps and their correspondent action plans were carried out in the Autonomous Community of Navarre, Spain. Six strategic noise maps were produced for 120 km of major roads as well as a strategic noise map for the Agglomeration of the Region of Pamplona (ARP) with a population of 280,199 inhabitants. In the ARP, a total of 36,400 people (13.0 %) are exposed to Ln levels over 55 dBA and 42,300 people (15.1 %) are exposed to Lden levels over 65 dBA. With regard to major roads, a total of 3,900 people are exposed to Ln levels over 55 dBA and 2,400 people are exposed to Lden levels over 65 dBA. When designing action plans, different prioritisation criteria concerning rank-based effectiveness measures (mainly the amount of people benefitting from them) were taken into account.
KeywordsNoise Strategic noise maps Action plans
Authors would like to thank the Government of Navarre Environmental Department and Pamplona City Council for providing valuable information on digital terrain models, traffic information and the Pamplona city census. Likewise, authors are indebted to the reviewers for their useful comments.
- Aramendia, E., Nagore, I., Perez, D., San Martin, M.L., San Martin, R., Arana, M. (2007) How many reflections must be considered in urban noise mapping? In InterNoise 2007. InterNoise Proc. 209, Istanbul, Turkey, pp. 101–108. ISSN 0736-2935.Google Scholar
- Arana, M., & Aramendia, E. (2006). Comparison between Raster factor and constant angular step in noise mapping, Euronoise 2006. Tempere (Finland). Acta Acustica United With Acustica, 92(1), S93.Google Scholar
- Cadna/A (2005). Datakustik©. Greifenberg: Cadna/AGoogle Scholar
- END (2002). Directive 2002/49/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 June 2002 relating to the assessment and management of environmental noise.Google Scholar
- ISO 9613 (1996). Acoustics—attenuation of sound during propagation outdoors—part2: general method of calculation. Geneva: ISO.Google Scholar
- Law 37/2003 (2003). BOE n. 276, pp. 40494–40505 (in Spanish). http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2003/11/18/pdfs/A40494-40505.pdf.
- RD 1367/2007 (2007). BOE n. 254, pp. 42952–42973 (in Spanish) http://www.boe.es/boe/dias/2007/10/23/pdfs/A42952-42973.pdf.
- Silence (2009) Silence: Practitioner handbook for local noise action plans. www.silence-ip.org/site