Multi-layer affective computing model based on emotional psychology
- 1.1k Downloads
The factors and transforms of affective state were analyzed based on affective psychology theory. After that, a multi-layer affective decision model was proposed by establishing mapping relation among character, mood and motion. The model reflected the changes of mood and emotion spaces based on different characters. Experiment showed that human emotion characteristics accorded with theory and law, thus providing reference for modeling of human–computer interaction system.
KeywordsAffective computing Emotional psychology Multi-layer model Emotion space
This work is supported by the Social Sciences Foundation of Jiangsu Province (No. 16EYD006).
- 1.Ma, J., Choo, K.-K. R., Hsu, H., Jin, Q., Liu, W., Wang, K., et al. (2016). Perspectives on cyber science and technology for cyberization and cyber-enabled worlds. In Proceedings of 14th IEEE International Conference on Dependable Autonomic and Secure Computing (DASC 2016) (pp. 1–9), IEEE Computer Society Press. 8–12 Aug 2016.Google Scholar
- 2.Fardous, J., Du, T., Choo, K.-K. R., & Huang, S. (2017). Investigating mobile social media users’ behaviors in tourism collaborative information seeking. In Proceedings of ACM SIGIR Conference on Human Information Interaction & Retrieval (CHIIR 2017) (pp. 395–397). Oslo, Norway, 7–11 Mar.Google Scholar
- 4.Zhaolan, Meng. (1984). The new expansions of emotion research. Psychological Science, 01, 40–45.Google Scholar
- 5.Damasio, Antonio. (2006). Descartes’ error: Emotion, reason, and the human brain. New York: Random House.Google Scholar
- 6.Minsky, M. (1988). Society of mind. New York: Simon and Schuster.Google Scholar
- 7.Reeves, B., & Nass, C. (1996). The media equation: How people treat computers, television, and new media like real people and places. Stanford: CSLI Publications and Cambridge.Google Scholar
- 8.Picard, R. W. (1997). Affective computing (pp. 129–142). Cambridge: MIT Press.Google Scholar
- 9.Healey, J., Seger, J., & Picard, R. (1999). Quantifying driver stress: Developing a system for collecting and processing bio-metric signals in natural situations. Biomedical Sciences Instrumentation, 35, 193–198.Google Scholar
- 11.Xiaolan, Fu. (2008). Affective computing benefits to harmonious electronic society. Bulletin of Chinese Academy of Sciences, 23(5), 453–457.Google Scholar
- 12.Sloman, A. (2003). The cognition and affect project: Architectures, architecture-schemas, and the new science of mind [R]. Technical Report of School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham.Google Scholar
- 13.Wang, Z. (2000). Artificial psychology-a most accessible science research to human brain. Journal of University of Science and Technology Beijing, 22(5), 478–481.Google Scholar
- 14.Zheng, Y., & Wen, G. (1996). Agent oriented technology in multiple functional perceptive system. Journal of Software, 7(3), 163–167.Google Scholar
- 15.Song, Y.-X., & Jia, P.-F. (2004). A control architecture based on artificial emotion for anthropomorphic robot. Robot, 26(6), 491–495.Google Scholar
- 16.Wang, Z.-L. (2006). Artificial psychology and artificial emotion. CAAI Transactions on Intelligent Systems, 1(1), 38–43.Google Scholar
- 21.Calvo, R. A., D’Mello, S., Gratch, J., & Kappas, A. (Eds.). (2014). The oxford handbook of affective computing. USA: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- 22.Ortony, A., Clore, G. L., & Collins, A. (1990). The cognitive structure of emotions (pp. 150–161). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- 23.Elliott, C. (1994). Multi-media communication with emotion-driven “believable agents”. In AAAI Technical Report for the Spring Symposium on Believable Agents (pp. 16–20). Stanford University: AAAI.Google Scholar
- 24.Kshirsagar, S. (2002). A multilayer personality model. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Smart Graphics. ACM, pp. 107–115. doi: 10.1145/569005.569021.
- 25.Guoliang, Y., Zhiliang, W., Guojiang, W., & Fengjun, C. (2006). Affective computing model based on emotional psychology. In L. Jiao, L. Wang, X. Gao, J. Liu, F. Wu (eds) Advances in natural computation, ICNC 2006, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 4221. Berlin: Springer. doi: 10.1007/11881070_37.
- 30.Vitalkar, Punam. M., Bendre, P. N., & Gulhane, S. M. (2016). Analysis of affective speech signals for emotion extraction and attitude prediction. International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, 5(7), 6243–6251. doi: 10.15662/IJAREEIE.2016.0507068.Google Scholar
- 31.Liu, C. Z., Jozani, M. M., & Choo, K.-K. R. (2017). The effect of the recommendation system in the mobile app market. In Proceedings of 23rd Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2017). Association for Information Systems, 10–12 Aug 2017.Google Scholar
- 33.Ling-jie, T. (2007). Emotion designing products-on the emotional methodology in the R & D of products. Hundred Schools in Art, 6, 146–149.Google Scholar