Iranian Islamic banking
- 542 Downloads
Islamic finance is an old concept but a very young discipline in the academic sense. It lacks the required extent and level of theories and models needed for expansion and implementation of the framework provided by Islam. In these circumstances, unawareness and confusion exist as to the form of the Islamic financial system and instruments. The main difference between the present economic system and the Islamic economic system is that the later is based on keeping in view certain social objectives for the benefit of human beings and society. Islam, through its various principles, guides human life and ensures free enterprise and trade. That is the reason why the conventional banker does not have to be concerned with the moral implications of the business venture for which money is lent.
KeywordsIslamic banking Iranian law MUSHARIKA MURABIHA QARDE AL’HASANA IJAREH MUDARABA
JEL ClassificationE5 E42 E58 G21 K12
- Hassan, Z., & Nasrin, A. C. (2003). Four articles on central bank of Islamic republic of Iran. Tehran: Central Bank of Islamic republic of Iran publisher.Google Scholar
- Karimi, M., Hedayati, A., Sasan Gahar, P., Tabibyan, M., Sabzevari, H., & Omidi Nejad, M. (2003). Experience of two decades Islamic banking and the challenges ahead, theoretical, structural and executive aspects. Tehran: Central Bank of Iran publisher.Google Scholar
- Khavari, M. R. (2004). Bank law. Tehran: Iranian central bank publisher.Google Scholar
- Makiyan, N. (2003). Islamic banking system in Iran: Its experience in lending operations. Tehran: Iranian Economic Review, 8(9).Google Scholar
- Mosavian, A. (2002). Islamic banking. Tehran: Central Bank of Islamic republic of Iran publisher.Google Scholar
- Rashidi, M. (2008). The Islamic banking with emphasis on risk management of foreign currency fluctuations and interest. Tehran: Central Bank of Islamic republic of Iran publisher.Google Scholar
- Shabani, A., & Farzinvash, A. (2003). The contracts in Islamic banking. Tehran: Central Bank of Islamic republic of Iran publisher.Google Scholar
- Taheri, M. R. (2006). The identification of Islamic banking in the world: http://www.donya-e-eqtesad.com/Default_view.asp?@=6491.
- Totonchian, I. (2006). Money and Islamic banking. Tehran: Tavangaran publisher.Google Scholar
- Zangeneh, H. (2004). Economic stability and the central bank: Rule or discretion. Tehran: Iranian Economic Review, 9(10).Google Scholar