Phase II study of the efficacy and safety of oral GD0039 in patients with locally advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma
- 204 Downloads
Seventeen patients with locally advanced or metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) were enrolled in this phase II trial. The purpose of the trial was to assess the efficacy of the administration of oral GD0039, and to further assess the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of this drug. Patients were given an initial dose of 37.5 μ g/kg b.i.d for 3 weeks followed by one week off in each cycle, with the treatment continuing until disease progression or adverse effects. All 17 patients discontinued treatment due to disease progression or toxicity. Adverse events such as fatigue, nausea and diarrhea were common but generally mild. No evidence of anti-tumor activity of GD0039 was seen in this study.
KeywordsGD0039 renal cell carcinoma phase II trial
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.American Cancer Society. Cited July 28, 2004; available from: http://www.cancer.org/downloads/PRO/Cancer%20Statistics%202004.ppt
- 9.Korczak B, Goss P, Fernandez B, Baker M, Dennis JW: Branching N-linked oligosaccharides in breast cancer. Adv Exp Med Biol 353: 95–104, 1994Google Scholar
- 11.Mohla S, White S, Grzegorzewski K, Nielson D, Dunston G, Dickson L, Cha JK, Asseffa A, Olden K: Inhibition of growth of subcutaneous xenografts and metastasis of human breast carcinoma by swainsonine: modulation of tumor cell HLA class I antigens and host immune effector mechanisms.Google Scholar
- 14.Bjarnason GA, Walde D, Whelan P, Chin J, Batist G: GD0039 in solid tumors. American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting 2002, abstract # 2494Google Scholar
- 17.World Health Organization Staff. WHO handbook for reporting results of cancer treatment. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO offset publication No 40, 1979Google Scholar
- 18.Bukowski RM, Novick AC: Clinical practice guidelines: Renal cell carcinoma. Cleve Clin J Med 64 Suppl 1:SI1-44; quiz SI45–7, 1997Google Scholar
- 19.Kuenen BC, Tabernero J, Baselga J, Cavalli F, Pfanner E, Conte PF, Seeber S, Madhusudan S, Deplanque G, Huisman H, Scigalla P, Hoekman K, Harris AL: Efficacy and toxicity of the angiogenesis inhibitor SU5416 as a single agent in patients with advanced renal cell carcinoma, melanoma, and soft tissue sarcoma. Clin Cancer Res 9(5):1648–1655, 2003.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- 20.Rowinsky EK, Schwartz GH, Gollob JA, Thompson JA, Vogelzang NJ, Figlin R, Bukowski R, Haas N, Lockbaum P, Li YP, Arends R, Foon KA, Schwab G, Dutcher J: Safety, pharmacokinetics, and activity of ABX-EGF, a fully human anti-epidermal growth factor receptor monoclonal antibody in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. J Clin Oncol 22(15): 3003–3015, 2004CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar