On just-in-time control of timed event graphs with input constraints: a semimodule approach
- 272 Downloads
Timed event graph (TEG) is a subclass of timed Petri nets that can be used to model discrete event systems subject to synchronization and time delay phenomena. Just-in-Time control in TEG can be defined as the determination of latest admission date of resources in order to respect a given demand profile. In this paper this kind of control problem is studied in situations in which the input dynamics are constrained to a given semimodule (a kind of linear vector space in a semiring context). We give necessary and sufficient conditions to solve the problem and present two computational methods to solve it. Application examples are presented to illustrate the applicability of the results.
KeywordsTimed petri nets Max-plus algebra Residuation theory Semimodule Just-in-time control
The authors are grateful Brazilian agencies CAPES, CNPq and FAPEMIG for the financial support.
- Allamigeon X, Gaubert S, Goubault E (2008) Inferring min and max invariants using max-plus polyhedra. In: Proceedings of the 15th International Static Analysis Symposium (SAS’08), Springer LNCS, vol 5079, pp 189–204Google Scholar
- Amari S, Demongodin I, Loiseau J (2005) Control of linear min-plus systems under temporal constraints. In: 44th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and European Control Conference (CDC-ECC’05). Seville, Spain, pp 7738–7743Google Scholar
- Garey M R, Johnson D S (1979) Computers and Intractability: A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness. W.H. Freeman and CompanyGoogle Scholar
- Gaubert S (1992) Théorie des systèmes linéaires dans les dioïdes. Thèse de doctorat, Ecole des Mines de, ParisGoogle Scholar
- Gondran M, Minoux M (2010) Graphs, Dioids and Semirings: New Models and Algorithms. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- Hardouin L, Lhommeau M, Shang Y (2011) Towards geometric control of max-plus linear systems with applications to manufacturing systems. In: 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and European Control Conference (CDC-ECC’11). Orlando, FloridaGoogle Scholar
- Houssin L, Lahaye S, Boimond J L (2012) Control of (max,+)-linear systems minimizing delays. In: Discrete Event Dynamic Systems. SpringerGoogle Scholar
- Maia C A, Hardouin L, Mendes R S, Loiseau J (2011) A super-eigenvector approach to control constrained max-plus linear systems: In: 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and European Control Conference (CDC-ECC’11). Orlando, FloridaGoogle Scholar