New sets of frequency-hopping sequences with optimal Hamming correlation
- 518 Downloads
Frequency-hopping spread spectrum and direct-sequence spread spectrum are two main spread coding technologies in communication systems. Frequency-hopping sequences are needed in FH-CDMA systems. In this paper, a construction of optimal sets of frequency-hopping sequences using cyclotomy and the Chinese remainder theorem is introduced. It generalizes some earlier constructions, and produces new optimal sets of frequency-hopping sequences.
KeywordsCyclotomy Hamming correlation frequency-hopping sequence frequency-hopping spread spectrum
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)94A55 11A41 11B99
The authors would like to thank the Editor and anonymous reviewers for their valuable suggestions and comments that have much improved the quality of this paper.
- 6.Ding, C.S., Fuji-Hara, Y., Fujiwara, Y., Jinbo, M., Mishima, M.: Sets of optimal frequency-hopping sequences: bounds and optimal constrctions. IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory 55, 3797–3804 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Liu, F., Peng, D.Y., Zhou, Z.C., Tang, X.H.: A new frequency-hopping sequence set based upon generalized cyclotomy. Des. Codes and Cryptogr. (2012, in press)Google Scholar
- 14.Specification of the Bluetooth Systems-Core. The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG). http://www.bluetooth.com.
- 15.Storer, T.: Cyclotomy and differrence sets. Markam, Chicago (1967)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhang Y., Ke P.H., Zhang S.Y.: Optimal frequency-hopping sequences based on cyclotomy. In: First International Workshop on Education Technology and Computer Science, vol. 1, pp. 1122–1126. (2009)Google Scholar