A geometric proof of a theorem on antiregularity of generalized quadrangles
- 340 Downloads
A geometric proof is given in terms of Laguerre geometry of the theorem of Bagchi, Brouwer and Wilbrink, which states that if a generalized quadrangle of order s > 1 has an antiregular point then all of its points are antiregular.
KeywordsAntiregularity Generalized quadrangles Codes Laguerre geometry
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)51B15 51E12 51E22
The authors would like to thank the reviewers for their suggestions which lead to a shortening of the proof of our main result.
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial License which permits any noncommercial use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- 4.Hirschfeld J.W.P., Thas J.A.: General Galois Geometries, Oxford Mathematical Monographs. Oxford Science Publications, The Clarendon Press, Oxford University Press, Oxford (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.Hughes D.R., Piper F.C.: Projective Planes. GTM 6. Springer, Berlin (1973)Google Scholar
- 6.Mazzocca F.: Sistemi grafici rigati di seconda specie. 1st Mat. Univ. Napoli Rel. 28 (1973).Google Scholar
- 8.Payne S.E., Thas J.A.: Finite Generalized Quadrangles, 2nd edn. European Mathematical Society (2009).Google Scholar
- 9.Thas J.A.: Circle Geometries and Generalized Quadrangles, pp. 327–352. Finite Geometries. Dekker, New York (1985)Google Scholar
- 10.Thas J.A., Thas K., Van Maldeghem H.: Translation Generalized Quadrangles. Ser. Pure Math. 26, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., London WC2H 9HE (2006).Google Scholar