A search algorithm for linear codes: progressive dimension growth
- First Online:
- 82 Downloads
This paper presents an algorithm, called progressive dimension growth (PDG), for the construction of linear codes with a pre-specified length and a minimum distance. A number of new linear codes over GF(5) that have been discovered via this algorithm are also presented.
KeywordsNew codes Minimum distance bounds Search algorithm Progressive dimension Growth (PDG)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brouwer AE. Bounds (Bounds on the minimum distance of linear codes). http://www.win.tue.nl/aeb/voorlincod.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Grassl M. Bounds on the minimum distance of linear codes. http://www.codetables.deGoogle Scholar
- Grassl M, White G (2005) New codes from chains of quasi-cyclic codes. In: Proceedings of IEEE international symposium on information theory (ISIT 2005), Adelaide, Australia, September 2005, pp 2095–2099Google Scholar
- MAGMA computer algebra system. http://magma.maths.usyd.edu.au/magma/MagmaInfo.htmlGoogle Scholar
- Tsfasman MA and Vlǎdut SG (1991). Algebraic geometry codes. Kluwert, Dordrecht Google Scholar
- White G (preprint) An improved minimum weight algorithm for quasi-cyclic and quasi-twisted codesGoogle Scholar