Flavonoids of Pulicaria salviifolia
- 9 Downloads
Pulicaria salviifolia Bunge (fleabane) is one of the richest sources of terpenoids among plants of the genus Pulicaria (Asteraceae). Five species of this genus grow in Uzbekistan, of which P. salviifolia is endemic . Previously, the diterpenoids salvin, salvinin, salvifolin, salvicin , hautriwaic acid , salvicinin , salvicinolide A, salvicinolide B , the flavonoid pulicarin , α-tocopherol, and sterols  were isolated from the aerial part of P. salviifolia collected in the vicinity of Angren, Tashkent Oblast (Uzbekistan).
In continuation of research on the chemical composition of the aerial part of P. salviifolia collected in Forishsky District, Jizzakh Region (Uzbekistan), the plant collected during flowering was extracted at room temperature with EtOH (70%). The combined EtOH extract was evaporated in vacuo, diluted with H2O (1:1), and extracted successively with petroleum ether, CHCl3, EtOAc, and n-BuOH.
The work was financially supported by the Basic and Applied Research Program of the AS RUz (Grants VA-FA-F-6-010 and P3-20170927122).
- 1.Flora of Uzbekistan [in Russian], Vol. 6, Akad. Nauk UzSSR, Tashkent, 1962, p. 95.Google Scholar
- 2.K. A. Eshbakova, G. V. Sagitdinova, and V. M. Malikov, Khim. Farm., 16 (1995).Google Scholar
- 6.G. V. Sagitdinova, K. A. Eshbakova, Z. A. Khushbaktova, V. M. Malikov, and V. Olimov, Chem. Nat. Compd., 28, 286 (1992).Google Scholar
- 11.F. H. Allen, O. Kennard, D. G. Watson, L. Brammer, A. G. Orpen, and R. J. Taylor, J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans.2, 19 (1987).Google Scholar
- 12.Y.-F. Kang, S.-L. Chen, H.-M. Wu, W.-J. Li, C.-T. Chen, H.-T. Li, H.-L. Chen, D. Chao, S.-J. Chen, C.-T. Huang, and C.-Y. Chen, Chem. Nat. Compd., 50, 1110 (2014).Google Scholar
- 16.CrysAlisPro, Oxford Diffraction Ltd., Yarnton, England, 2009.Google Scholar