Two New Naphthalene Derivatives from the Fermentation Products of an Endophytic Fungus Phomopsis sp.
- 16 Downloads
Two new naphthalene derivatives, 5-methoxy-2-methyl-7-(3-methyl-2-oxobut-3-enyl)-1-naphthaldehyde (1) and 2-(hydroxymethyl)-5-methoxy-7-(3-methyl-2-oxobut-3-enyl)-1-naphthaldehyde (2), together with two known naphthalene derivatives (3 and 4), were isolated from the fermentation products of an endophytic fungus Phomopsis sp. Their structures were elucidated by spectroscopic methods, including extensive 1D and 2D NMR techniques. Compounds 1 and 2 were evaluated for their anti-methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (anti-MRSA) activity. The results showed that compounds 1 and 2 showed good inhibition with IZD of 14.5 ± 1.2 and 15.2 ± 1.3 mm, respectively.
Keywordsnaphthalene derivatives endophytic fungus Phomopsis sp. anti-MRSA activity
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 21462051, 21562049, 31360081, and 31400303), the Research Foundation of China Tobacco Company (No. 110201502006), and the Research Foundation of China Tobacco Yunnan Industrial Co., Ltd. (Nos. 2015539200340277 and 2016JC03).
- 3.C. Lee, S. Kim, W. Li, S. Bang, H. Lee, H. J. Lee, E. Y. Noh, J. E. Park, W. Y. Bang, and S. H. Shim, J. Antibiot. (Tokyo), (2017).Google Scholar
- 4.A. H. Aly, A. Debbab, and P. Proksch, Pharmazie, 68, 499 (2013).Google Scholar
- 10.S. Onkar, A. Mohammed, and A. Nida, Int. J. Clin. Pharm., 2, 17 (2011).Google Scholar
- 13.Y. Meng, Y. Yang, Y. Qin, C. Xia, M. Zhou, X. Gao, G. Du, and Q. F. Hu, Nat. Prod. Commun., 10, 305 (2015).Google Scholar
- 18.S. Mulla, A. Kumar, and S. Rajdev, Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI), Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing: Eighteenth Informational Supplement M100-S18, 3rd ed., Wayne, Pennsylvania, 2008.Google Scholar