Constituents of Essential Oil of Zingiber nudicarpum from Vietnam
- 5 Downloads
Zingiber Mill. is a genus of gingers found in pantropical Asia. The genus comprises about 144 species, ranging from India to Japan and Southeast Asia, with the center of biodiversity of the genus residing in the Indochinese Peninsula and southern China . Currently 32 Zingiber species are known from Vietnam . Zingiber nudicarpum D. Fang was recently discovered and collected in the forest protected areas in Pu Huong and Pu Hoat Nature Reserves . It is a rhizomatous herb up to 2.8 m tall, forming small clumps, with up to six leaf shoots per clump .
To date, the authors are not aware of any literature citation on the volatile composition of Z. nudicarpum. The aim of the present study was to report the chemical compounds identified in the essential oils obtained from the leaf, root and fruit of Z. nudicarpum grown in Vietnam. In recent times, the volatile constituents of some Vietnamese plants have been published [4, 5].
The leaves, roots, and fruits of Z. nudicarpumwere...
This research is funded by the Vietnam National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED) under Grant No. 106-NN.03-2017.328.
- 1.T. L. Wu and K. Larsen, Zingiberaceae, in: Flora of China, Vol. 24, Z. Y. Wu, P. H. Raven (eds.), Science Press, Beijing & Missouri Botanical Garden Press, St. Louis, 2000, pp. 322–377.Google Scholar
- 3.N. S. Ly, V. S. Dang, D. G. Do, T. T. Tran, N. D. Dai, and D. H. Nguyen, Biosci. Disc., 8, 1 (2017).Google Scholar
- 6.Vietnamese Pharmacopoeia, Medical Publishing House, Hanoi, 1997, 106 pp.Google Scholar
- 7.NIST, Chemistry Web Book, Data from NIST Standard Reference Database, 2011, p. 69.Google Scholar
- 8.T. Orawan, J. Thaya, and M. Withawat, Biol. Chem. Res., 15, 157 (2015).Google Scholar
- 9.S. Thubthimthed, P. Limsiriwog, U. Rerkam, and T. Suntotntanasat, ISHS Acta Hort, 675, 107 (2015).Google Scholar
- 10.C. B. Singh, S. B. Chanu, K. Lenin, N. Swapana, C. Cantrell, and S. A. Ross, J. Pharmacogn. Phytochem., 3, 130 (2014).Google Scholar
- 11.M. N. I. Bhuiyan, J. U. Chowdhury, and L. Begum, Bangladesh J. Pharmacol, 3, 69 (2008).Google Scholar
- 14.L. T. M. Chau, T. D. Thang, N. T. M. Tu, D. N. Dai, and I. A. Ogunwande, Bol. Latinoam. Caribe Plantas Med., 14, 449 (2015).Google Scholar