Sinulaflexiolide P, A Cembrane-Type Diterpenoid from Bornean Soft Coral Sinularia flexibilis
- 13 Downloads
A new cembrane-type diterpenoid, sinulaflexiolide P (1), along with three known derivatives: sinulaflexiolide H (2), 11-epi-sinulariolide acetate (3), and (1S*,3S*,4S*,7E,11E)-3,4-epoxy-13-oxo-3,7,11,15-cembratriene (4), was isolated from a population of Bornean soft coral Sinularia flexibilis. The structures of these metabolites were elucidated based on spectroscopic data including NMR and HR-ESI-MS. In addition, these compounds were tested against six strains of marine fungi.
KeywordsSinularia flexibilis soft coral diterpenoid cembrane antifungal
This work was supported by the Sabah Biodiversity Centre (GL0070), the Fujiwara Natural History Foundation, Universiti Malaysia Sabah (GUG0089-SG-2/2016) and the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia (FRG0464-2017). The authors would like to thank Prof. Dr. Tatsufumi Okino and Ms. Liang Wei (Hokkaido University) for SciFinder Search as well as Prof. Dr. Hatai (Universiti Malaysia Sabah) for guidance and providing the fungal strains.
- 7.T. Kamada, C. S. Phan, H. S. Tin, C. S. Vairappan, and T. S. T. Muhammad, Nat. Prod. Commun., 11, 1077 (2016).Google Scholar
- 20.T. Kamada, C. S. Phan, T. Hamada, K. Hatai, and C. S. Vairappan, Nat. Prod. Commun., 13, 17 (2018).Google Scholar
- 21.C. S. Phan, S. Y. Ng, T. Kamada, and C. S. Vairappan, Nat. Prod. Commun., 11, 899 (2016).Google Scholar
- 23.C. S. Vairappan, I. I. Zanil, T. Kamada, and M. Palaniappan, J. Trop. Biol. Conserv., 9, 200 (2012).Google Scholar
- 32.C. Munchan, K. Hatai, S. Takagi, and A. Yamashita, Aquacult. Sci., 57, 399 (2009).Google Scholar