Neuroprotective Sesquiterpenes from Capsella bursa-pastoris
- 40 Downloads
Capsella bursa-pastoris belongs to the Brassicaceae family and is consuned as a popular vegetable in folk recipes. C. bursa-pastoris is an annual or biennial herb that is widely distributed in most areas of China. Moreover, C. bursa-pastoris has always been used as a medicinal plant for treating metrorrhagia, conjunctivitis, vomiting, and hydropsy . Previous phytochemical investigations of C. bursa-pastoris have displayed the presence of flavonoids , essential oils , amino acids , and alkaloids . Modern pharmacology has revealed that C. bursa-pastoris has many biological activities, such as hepatoprotective , anti-oxidant , anti-tumor , anti-microbial , anti-hypertensive , and anti-inflammatory .
To the best of our knowledge, there have been no reports on the neuroprotective activities of C. bursa-pastoris, which prompted us to investigate further its pharmacological potentials. As a result, 12 compounds (1–12) were isolated and identified as...
This work was supported by the Key Scientific Research Project of Colleges and Universities in Henan Province (Based PC12 Cell-Studies on Neuroprotective Components of Magnolia biondii Pamp.).
- 1.Q. H. Wang, Y. T. Na, and E. Q. Wu, Nat. Prod. Res. Dev., 26, 50 (2014).Google Scholar
- 2.N. Song, R. R. Wang, Z. L. Li, X. Q. Liu, W. Li, and Y. H. Pei, Chin. J. Magn. Reson., 26, 88 (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. X. Gao and X. J. Zhou, Res. Dev. Market, 25, 1070 (2009).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Pan, Chem. Bioeng., 23, 33 (2006).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Zhang, G. H. Li, Y. J. Yang, and C. X. Nan, Jiangsu Agric. Sci., 4, 225 (2008).Google Scholar
- 8.K. Kelko, A. Mitsutaro, K. Masayoshi, and M. Komel, Cancer Res., 36, 1900 (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.Y. J. Yang, C. Y. Liang, and F. S. Cui, Sci. Tech. Food Ind., 31, 146 (2010).Google Scholar
- 10.X. M. Huang, J. Cai, and H. Y. Zhang, J. Liaoning Coll. TCM., 7, 425 (2005).Google Scholar
- 11.X. R. Yue, Y. Yuan, Y. Zhao, and S. S. Wang, Lishizhen Med. Mater. Med. Res., 18, 871 (2007).Google Scholar