Two New Isoflavones from Pueraria lobata and Their Bioactivities
- 28 Downloads
Two new isoflavones, 4′,6-dimethoxy-8-hydroxy-7-hydroxymethylisoflavone (1) and 4′,8-dihydroxy-7-hydroxymethyl-6-methoxyisoflavone (2), together with three known isoflavones (3–5), were isolated from Pueraria lobata. Their structures were elucidated by spectroscopic methods, including extensive 1D and 2D NMR techniques. Compounds 1–5 were evaluated for their anti-tobacco mosaic virus (anti-TMV) activities. The results showed that compound 2 exhibited high anti-TMV activity with inhibition rates of 32.6%. The other compounds also showed potential anti-TMV activities with inhibition rates in the range of 21.4–25.3%, respectively. The cytotoxic activity of compounds 1–5 against five human tumor cell lines (NB4, A549, SHSY5Y, PC3, and MCF7) was also tested. The results revealed that compounds 1–5 showed weak inhibitory activities against some human tumor cell lines, with IC50 values in the range of 6.9–9.8 μM.
KeywordsPueraria lobata isoflavones anti-tobacco mosaic virus activity cytotoxic activity
This research was supported by the Research Foundation of China Tobacco Yunnan Industrial Co., Ltd (No. 2016JC03), the Research Foundation of China Tobacco Company (No. 110201502006), the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 21562049, 31360081, and 31400303), and the Applied Fundamental Foundation of Yunnan Province (Nos. 2014FB097, 2014FB163, and 2015FB162).
- 1.Jiangsu New Medicine College, Dictionary of Chinese Medicinal Materials, Shanghai Scientific and Technological Publishers, Shanghai, 1997.Google Scholar
- 2.W. Song, Y. J. Li, X. Qiao, Y. Qian, and M. Ye, J. Chin. Pharm. Sci., 23, 347 (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.The Pharmacopoeia Commission of PRC, Pharmacopoeia of the People’s Republic of China Version 2010, Vol. 1, Chemical Industry Press, Beijing, 2010.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Ceng and Y. H. Yi, Acta Pharm. Sin., 35, 438 (2000).Google Scholar
- 13.Y. Dong, B. Xu, L. Lin, and Q. Za, Chin. J. Food Mach., 21, 85 (2005).Google Scholar
- 14.G. H. Li, Q. W. Zhang, and Y. T. Wang, Chin. J. Chin. Mater. Med., 35, 3156 (2010).Google Scholar