Chemical study of Panzerina lanata
- 63 Downloads
Panzerina lanata (L.) Sojak. is a plant species of the family Lamiaceae. It is widely distributed over the territory of Buryatia. P. lanata is used in Tibetian medicine under the name gang ga' chung as a substitute for Gentiana urnula Smith. (Gentianaceae) to treat stomach, intestinal, and gynecological diseases . A chemical study of this plant found ballonigrine, 13-hydroxyballonigrine , stachydrin , and phenolic compounds . The goal of our work was to study the chemical composition of the aerial part of P. lanata growing in Buryatia.
The aerial part of P. lanata was collected in the vicinity of Naryn-Atsagat (Republic of Buryatia, Russia, June 17, 2009; 52°01′65″ N, 108°27′95″ E). The species was determined by Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences T. A. Aseeva (IGEB, SB, RAS). A sample of the raw material was preserved in the herbarium of the Department of Biologically Active Compounds, IGEB, SB, RAS (No. L/L2111-09).
Ground raw material of P. lanata(340 g) was extracted...
KeywordsRutin EtOAc Caffeic Acid Chlorogenic Acid Ursolic Acid
The work was supported financially by SB RAS Project No. VI.52.1.3.
- 1.Tibetian Medicine in Buryatia [in Russian], RAS, Novosibirsk, 2008.Google Scholar
- 4.Plant Resources of the USSR. Families Hippuridaceae-Lobeliaceae [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Kates, Techniques of Lipidology: Isolation, Analysis, and Identification of Lipids, Elsevier, New York, 1972.Google Scholar
- 11.G. M. Pettit, A. Numata, T. Takemura, R. H. Ore, A. S. Narula, J. M. Schmidt, G. M. Cragg, and C. P. Pase, J. Nat. Prod., 53, 456 (1990); H. Ravn, S. Nishibe, M. Sasahara, and L. Xuebo, Phytochemistry, 29, 3627 (1990).Google Scholar
- 12.Y.-S. Liang, H. K. Kim, A. W. M. Lefeber, C. Erkelens, Y. H. Choi, and R. Verpoorte, J. Chromatogr. A, 1112, 148 (2006); H. Tazaki, M. Ito, M. Miyoshi, J. Kawabata, E. Fukushi, T. Fujita, M. Motouri, T. Furuki, and K. Nabeta, Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem., 66, 255 (2002).Google Scholar
- 15.T. Ohsugi, R. Nishida, and H. Fukami, Appl. Entomol. Zool., 26, 29 (1991); I. Uriarte-Pueyo, M. Goicoechea, A. G. Gil, A. L. de Cerain, A. L. de Munain, and M. I. Calvo, J. Agric. Food Chem., 57, 11055 (2009).Google Scholar