Essential oils from roots of certain Heracleum species
- 91 Downloads
The composition and dynamics of the principal components of essential oils from roots of several introduced species of Heracleum were found in order to determine if the data could be used to resolve issues with the species systematics of this genus.
The Heracleum species that were studied were: H. antasiaticum, H. asperum, H. calcareum var. colchicum, H. chorodanum, H. dissectum, H. dulce, H. lehmannianum, H. mandenovae, H. moellendorffii, H. pastinacifolium, H. ponticum, H. pubescens, H. roseum, H. sommieri, H. sosnowskyi, H. stevenii, H. trachyloma, H. wilhelmsii, and H. voroschilowii. The range of the genus and sections was taken from the literature . Plants were grown at the Experimental Station of the V. L. Komarov Botanical Institute, RAS Otradnoe (Leningrad Oblast’, Priozerskii Region).
Roots of the studied species were collected...
KeywordsTerpene Limonene Component Composition Vegetation Phase Myrcene
Autor thanks Candidate of Chemical Sciences I. A. Tsibul’skaya and Doctor of Chemical Sciences Prof. I. G. Zenkevich (St. Petersburg State Univ.) for assistance with the equipment, consultations, and valuable advice.
- 1.K. G. Tkachenko, in: Materials of the International Scientific Conference “Botanical Science for Stable Development of Central Asian Countries,” Almaty, 2003, pp. 179–180.Google Scholar
- 2.K. G. Tkachenko and I. G. Zenkevich, Rastit. Resur., 23, 1, 87 (1987).Google Scholar
- 3.K. G. Tkachenko, L. M. Pokrovskii, and A. V. Tkachev, Rastit. Resur., 37, 3, 72 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.K. G. Tkachenko, J. Essent. Oil Res., 6, 5, 535 (1994).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Mojab and B. Nickavar, Iran. J. Pharm. Res., 2, 4, 245 (2003).Google Scholar
- 6.C. Zhang, B. Zhang, and X. Yang, Zhongyao Yanjiu Yu Xinxi, 7, 12, 9 (2005).Google Scholar
- 7.I. F. Satsyperova, Cow-parsnips of the USSR Flora, New Fodder Plants [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad, 1984.Google Scholar
- 8.USSR State Pharmacopoeia, XIth Ed., No. 1, Meditsina, Moscow, 1989.Google Scholar
- 9.K. G. Tkachenko and I. G. Zenkevich, Rastit. Resur., 23, 2, 225 (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.K. G. Tkachenko and I. G. Zenkevich, J. Essent. Oil Res., 5, 4, 227 (1993).Google Scholar